• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Paul Helmke running anti-gun event in Seattle, July 17

44Brent

imported post

July 17, 2007

6:30 pm . Sensible Gun Laws, Safer Communities
Big Picture
2505 First Ave., Seattle
Kristen Comer
kristen@washingtonceasefire.org
washingtonceasefire.org

Hear the personal stories of victims of gun violence in Washington and learn how to help change the gun laws. Join Washington Ceasefire and special guest Paul Helmke, president of he Brady Campaign. All proceeds go to Washington Ceasefire. Tickets are $75/person.

swift

imported post

Paul Helmke is either a huge liar or a complete idiot. I wish he was just an idiot, at least then I would feel sorry for him. Since he's probably just a liar it makes me mad instead. Did anyone hear this guy complain on the news that the castle doctrine is a useless law because self defense is already legal & he's never heard of someone being prosecuted or sued for shooting a criminal in self defense? How can he not have "heard" of any of those cases? There are hundreds of them across the nation. Oh well, I guess we just have to get used to Brady lies, and make sure we spread the truth whenever we are able.

Too bad folks are going to waste $75 just to listen to more of his lies, especially since the money will go towards more lies & propaganda.

glock23

imported post

Swift,

I did see that interview( http://www.saf.org/) here is part of it. He chooses not see that honest law abiding citizens are smart enough to use self-defense when necessary. He talks about the one bad apple in the bunch when referring to guns. He talked about neighbors getting into arguments about trash and someone feeling threatenedso they pull out a gun and shoot someone. Give me a break if someone is that unstable that they would shoot someone over garbage then that's a whole other issue. This guys makes me puke what a MORON.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I wish I was closer so I could OC and show them that a guncould never kill a single person in a million years. It takes a person to USE the gun to hurt someone. The reasoning that "guns kill people" makes as much sense as the reasoning that "pens write letters" Sometimes trying to undo the brainwashing of the uneducated can be so frustrating!:banghead: If you take away guns, criminals will use knives. If you take away knives, they will use baseball bats. If you take away bats, they will use a bow/arrow, etc. The problem is not the weapon, it is the person. Change the person and you will solve the crime problem.

glock23

imported post

I think another problem they forget is some people are just plain evil. In the words of Clint Smith from Thunder Ranch "Some people just need to be shot"

(I in no way condone the takeing of a life other than inlawful self-defense)

USN_MA1

imported post

Shoot,

I'll be next door saying how cool guns are...$50 bucks a ticket. Not only will my speech be better it will be cheaper....God I'm good.

joeroket

imported post

A protest would be good. If anyone here is going to do it as an "armed group", for lack of better term,then you need to keep in mind that RCW 38.40.120canand probably willbe used by the LEO's. Especially if it is done in an organized manner.

Now I am not telling you not to do it, I just want to make sure that you all know the possibilitiesof doing it as an armed group. The law certainly is not one that I like but it is on the books and can be used. If it is used by LEOit is worded in such a way thatit will probably be determinedthat there isno civil action available on your part and it is not a firearm rightremoving offense.

Before Lonnie formed PACNW Open Carry I would say that the chance of prosecutors putting together a case that shows all of you connected would be slim to none but since he has andthe group name, I think,is known to LEO it could be construed as an organized group that falls under this RCW.

44Brent

imported post

Dear Washington Brady Campaign Member,

Please join me and our partners at Washington CeaseFire for an evening supporting the only statewide organization in Washington dedicated to reducing gun violence. We will debut a film we've created with interviews and personal stories from survivors of gun violence. Most importantly we'll make sure you leave knowing ten things you can do to reduce gun violence in Washington state. We'll have a bit of food and drinks, too.

Please Join Us for
Sensible Gun Laws, Safer Communities

Special Guests:
Paul Helmke
President of the Brady Campaign
and
Kristen Comer
Exec. Director Washington CeaseFire

Tuesday, July 17, 2007
6:30pm
$75 Per Person
Cocktails and Hors D'oeuvres Provided

Big Picture Seattle
2505 First Ave.
Seattle, WA

A few points of interest.
  • Natalie Reber is out as the Executive Director of Washington Ceasefire. (I wonder why?)
  • Kristen Comer is the new and improved Executive Director of Washington Ceasefire.

Here's a few links with information relating to Kristen:
  1. FORCED ENTRY - The National Rifle's Campaign to Force Guns to Accept Guns at Work.
    http://www.hrpolicy.org/downloads/2005/Brady_Forced_Entry_Report.pdf (which she is reported to have co-authored). Note the URL is foran organization that is unrelated to anti-gun ownership.The campaign to create victim-rich "gun free zones" at places of employment was a slick move on the part of the Brady Campaign.
  2. Kristen Comer, Gun Voilence (sic) Legal Action Project
    http://www.lawcrossing.com/article/index.php?id=721
  3. Crime Gun Trace Data - ACCESS DENIED BY ORDER OF THE GUN LOBBY
    http://www.bradycampaign.org/xshare/pdf/reports/giw.pdf (which she is reported to have co-authored)

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I think the word "unarmed" should go right above "innocent bystander" on her shirt. That way you could put "easy target" on the back. Might save some other people from getting held up. But that's just my 2 cents.

2A-XD-45-ACP

imported post

dngreer wrote:
I think the word "unarmed" should go right above "innocent bystander" on her shirt. That way you could put "easy target" on the back. Might save some other people from getting held up. But that's just my 2 cents.
Priceless!!!

cut_cutta

imported post

dngreer wrote:
If you take away guns, criminals will use knives. If you take away knives, they will use baseball bats. If you take away bats, they will use a bow/arrow, etc. The problem is not the weapon, it is the person. Change the person and you will solve the crime problem.
Yeah, and this train of logic makes sense, because drugs are illegal, and lord knows nobody in this country does them.

It may be the case that more violence will be done with knives and such, but the career criminals will use guns that were smuggled up from Mexico, or undestroyed stock.

We already see this happening in Canada (where there is far less gang activity). They will pay $500-2000 for a hot 9 or 45. Then you have a scenario where the criminals are armed and have no concern at all from law abiding citizens. Like the saying says, "when they outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns."