• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

from fox news

67GT390FB

imported post

Woman Come Home to Find Burglar Using Her Toilet
Thursday, July 12, 2007
service_ap_36.gif

FREDERICKSBURG, Va. — A woman who stepped out to buy a newspaper Thursday returned home to find that an intruder had made himself comfortable — on her toilet.

The man apparently cut a screen and unlocked a door while the woman, in her 80s, was out, police said. She had noticed the man outside when she was leaving, police said.

At about 5:30 a.m., she returned and noticed that the bathroom door was closed.

When she opened the door, she saw him perched on the toilet.

"How long are you going to be?" she asked, among other things. When the man responded in Spanish, which she doesn't understand, she told him she was calling police.

He left quickly, and police are investigating.

The man is described as a Hispanic male in his late 20s. He was wearing a sleeveless black shirt, dark pants and had a tattoo on one of his upper arms.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

I think both of them could be a little off in the head. The guy broke in and used the toilet, and the girl was stupid enough to stick her head in and ask him how long he would be? Something sounds fishy to me. They either aren't telling the whole story, or they knew eachother, or something along those lines. If I came home and someone had broken into the house, I'm calling the police BEFORE I go into the house (probably shouldn't even do that) and I sure am not gonna check who is using the toilet!

67GT390FB

imported post

bohdi wrote:
More importantly, what's an 80 year old woman doing up before 5:30 am, and where did she go? Odd.

:D:D:Dyou obviously don't know too many 80 year olds(my fathers 87 WW2 vet mothers 76) both routinely get up 5:30 to six and start their day. i hope in 54 years i'm in half as good of shape as my dad's in. it's just in that generations programming to get up early and get going. they don't know how to sleep in.

the articlesaid the lady went out to get her paper. was probably going to go read it and eat breakfast. plus her comments sound typical of an 80 year old. they've seen alot in 80+ years and not much suprises or shocks them.

joe

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

He was probably saying -- if you let me finish, I'll fix up your yard. Mexicans would never desecrate a lawn.

VCDL President

Centurion
imported post

dngreer wrote:
I think both of them could be a little off in the head. The guy broke in and used the toilet, and the girl was stupid enough to stick her head in and ask him how long he would be? Something sounds fishy to me. They either aren't telling the whole story, or they knew eachother, or something along those lines. If I came home and someone had broken into the house, I'm calling the police BEFORE I go into the house (probably shouldn't even do that) and I sure am not gonna check who is using the toilet!
"I think both of them could be a little off in the head." - no pun intended? :lol:

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

VCDL President wrote:
dngreer wrote:
"I think both of them could be a little off in the head." - no pun intended? :lol:
Yeah, but the woman was in her 80's, some of those older women have the 'take it upon themselves' attitude.

For example my friends grandmother was 87, she couldn't move the couch out herself, so she took a sawsall to it and cut it into managable pieces and walked it to the sidewalk...

Senile