Thread: OC Stories

Post imported post

Wanted to make a suggestion that for each OC experience we start a new thread. Rather than tagging it onto the end of other threads. That way one doesn't get missed because someone doesn't read all the way through every thread.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

Interesting suggestion...
    I would guess it would make finding OC reports easier too since there would more of them?
    I don't know, on the flip side is that if all my reports are in one thread, and one decides they don't care to read about Mountain Top, PA OC they can move on easily without getting a couple dozen or so more hits of my threads on the search page to wade through.

Curious to hear what others think on this...

Post imported post

Personally, I like having all cary stories for a single area in a threa for that particular area. Same reason as above, so that those who want to know about that area can browse the thread.

For that same reason, I get a bit frustrated with thread hijacking, especially when it gets to the point that there are more off topic than on topic threads. I'm not pointing fingers or making accusations. Truth be told, I've probably contributed to the hijacking of a few threads. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try harder to break tangents off into their own thread though.

I understand why you'd want to have each story on its own thread, but I think it is more beneficial to have threads grouped by area.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good" - George Washington
    "Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." - Mahatma Gandhi

As always, insert standard IANAL disclaimer here.

Post imported post

Well, I have the day off and plan on going a few places...we'll see how that goes later...