• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC Stories

gregma

imported post

Wanted to make a suggestion that for each OC experience we start a new thread. Rather than tagging it onto the end of other threads. That way one doesn't get missed because someone doesn't read all the way through every thread.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

Interesting suggestion...
I would guess it would make finding OC reports easier too since there would more of them?
I don't know, on the flip side is that if all my reports are in one thread, and one decides they don't care to read about Mountain Top, PA OC they can move on easily without getting a couple dozen or so more hits of my threads on the search page to wade through.

Curious to hear what others think on this...

eBratt

imported post

Personally, I like having all cary stories for a single area in a threa for that particular area. Same reason as above, so that those who want to know about that area can browse the thread.

For that same reason, I get a bit frustrated with thread hijacking, especially when it gets to the point that there are more off topic than on topic threads. I'm not pointing fingers or making accusations. Truth be told, I've probably contributed to the hijacking of a few threads. Doesn't mean we shouldn't try harder to break tangents off into their own thread though.

I understand why you'd want to have each story on its own thread, but I think it is more beneficial to have threads grouped by area.