• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

VA Safety Taining July 21 and UT CHP class July 22 in Woodbridge Virginia

pourshot

Campaign Veteran
imported post

[font="verdana, arial, helvetica"]We have a room at the Dale City Recreation Center (DCRC) On Minnieville Road in Dale City (July 21st and 22nd).

Classes are limited to 31 people (Maximum room capacity is 32)

The DCRC's web addresses are as follows:

http://www.pwcparks.org/dcrc/
http://www.pwcparks.org/dcrc/dcrc_map.html

The Virginia Permit class, Basic Firearm Safety 101, will be offered Saturday, July 21st from 10am to 6pm with a 1 hour lunch from about 1pm until about 2pm.

The Cost will be $75.00 payable prior to the class starting.

You do not need to bring anything but something to write with, and on, for notes.

At the end of the course you will be given a certificate that you can use to apply for a permit to carry a concealed handgun in Virginia.

And...

For those who want to expand their ability to carry a concealed handgun in more states...

The Utah Concealed Firearm Permit class will be held at the same location on the next day Sunday, July 22nd from Noon until 6pm (the classroom time should only take between 4 and 5 hours).

A note on this one though, there *IS* a shooting requirement. I will provide the target, you will need to provide a gun and some ammunition. The store or I can rent these items to you if you so desire. You will need a gun capable of using 38 special or 9mm ammunition. You will need 40 rounds total (20 of each or 40 of just one). You must shoot 32 of 40 shots on target (beginners have passed). Also there is a written test (157 students and no one has failed).

The range we will be using is called "The Range" and is located in Stafford. The web address for The Range is http://www.indoorrange.com/

I will send you additional information when you sign up that will aid you in getting your Utah permit.

Anyone that signs up for the Utah class should fall into one of these categories: They have a Virginia permit already, or They have taken the Virginia Class, or They are an NRA instructor, or They are prior military, or They have had some form of security, law enforcement, or hunter safety training.

Now, also know that even if you have any of the above qualifications that are NOT my class, then I would recommend taking both. Refresher training can be very beneficial and every single person who has taken my Virginia class has been very happy. This includes members of the military, members of the law enforcement community, armed security, and even an occasional FBI agent.

The Cost will be $75.00 payable prior to the class starting.

If you wish to register for either or both of these classes please email the following information to 4UTAHPERMITS@GMAIL.COM :

Your Name (the way you want it on the certificate)
your street address
your best phone number
Your best email address
and
how you found out about the course....

If you have any questions please just drop me a line at the above address. I would be glad to answer them.
[/font]

zoom6zoom

imported post

Highly recommended. I took both of these classes back to back last year. Even as someone who had been a shooter for a long time, I learned a few new things. Y'all sign up.