• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

No guns allowed cards

glock36

imported post

I was cruising around MCRGO.ORG hey i got the org right this time! and found these cards that you can print off and give to places that have no guns allowed signs. Any one think this would be a good idea?

the front says:

I noticed your sign and i will honor your wishes by shopping somewhere else.

The back says:

MCRGO.ORG
Those licensed to carry concealed pistols in the State of Michigan – MUST:

Successfully complete State mandated training; Local, State, & National background checks; Be free of felonies and serious misdemeanors; Meet many other restrictive criteria before being allowed to carry for self-defense.

Don’t you wish you knew that much about all of your customers?

for a better view you can check it out here in the places to avoid section:

http://www.mcrgo.org

its in the bottome left of the page. any input would be great.

well iguess i should read a little better. seems someone found them be fore i did

MamaLiberty

imported post

MCRGO.ORG

Successfully complete State mandated training; Local, State, & National background checks; Be free of felonies and serious misdemeanors; Meet many other restrictive criteria before being allowed to carry for self-defense.

I certainly wouldn't use this side of that card myself. I don't consider any of those things necessary to exercise my right to self defense. No state permission slip is needed to "allow" me to defend myself. That's a right I was born with.

This is not to say that good training and practice are not important! I have a great deal of training already, and will continue to train and practice as long as I live. That, however, is a matter of individual need and determination. No "one size fits all" ever will.

I also don't consider that kind of information anyone else's business. If I'm not threatening anyone, I should be considered free of those defects to start with. I don't have to prove it for them to welcome me to buy their merchandise. If they don't welcome my gun, then I go shop elsewhere.

This is the card I carry and hand out to those who ask about my gun or why I carry. http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/Guncard.htm

This is part of my open carry story:
Mama's Got a (Big) Gun
http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/06/09/04/editor.htm
Why Do You Carry A Gun
http://www.thepriceofliberty.org/06/10/30/editor.htm

If you are not free to defend yourself where you live... why do you still live there?

glock36

imported post

Well i agree that i dont need permission from the state. if i didnt need a ccw to carry in my car i wouldnt have one.

but i do think that it helps people that are uniformed.

telling some one oh yeah anyone can do it! i dont think is the best course in some situations. Some people are allready to uneasy, the last thing i want them thinking is any ol crazy guy can strap on a gun. i think it helps to show there are people out there trained and resposible.

and to tell you the truth i have never seen someone other than myself carrying a firearm. other than an leo. and before i got into all this im not sure how i would have felt. probably not to uneasy because i have been around guns my whole life, just not this aspect.

it goes the same as other drivers you hope there all responsible, but you know that not all are. and its kind of hard to tell which ones are and arnt. until the smash into you.

i would just like peoples first experience to be a good one.

And i am a ccw holder, i both OC and CC. but with me having a ccw it there is proof, that i can show someone thats uneasy that i have had some training.

again i go back to driving. people that are driving you know have had some kind of training in doing so.

Now that being said, im not saying that there should be a required class, or permit for open carry. i dont think there should be. but i can understand why some people get nervous. they dont know if its someone that has had training in the use of firearms and all that entails. or is just some guy that decided to buy the gun strap it on and go out. Never shooting a shot. thats not the kind of guy i would want in my store. someone just as liable to miss and shoot me rather than the bad guy.

and by no means am i sayin that people without ccw's are untrained. Im sure some of you dont have a ccw and are way more trained than me.

so in closing since in a private buisness it is soley up to the owner, showing some form of training be it a ccw or certificate from another training class only helps.

my 2 cents

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

glock36 wrote:
I was cruising around MCRGO.ORG hey i got the org right this time! and found these cards that you can print off and give to places that have no guns allowed signs. Any one think this would be a good idea?

the front says:

I noticed your sign and i will honor your wishes by shopping somewhere else.

The back says:

MCRGO.ORG

for a better view you can check it out here in the places to avoid section:

http://www.mcrgo.org

its in the bottome left of the page. any input would be great.

well iguess i should read a little better. seems someone found them be fore i did
Very catch- I like it!

I wish they had one for Indiana.

Skippy

imported post

openryan wrote:
Very catch- I like it!

Who is "they"? We're all "they". Those cards and the database and the websites are all created and maintained by someone who didn't want to wait for someone else to do it. Fire up a word processor and make some cards of your own! :)

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Skippy wrote:
openryan wrote:
Very catch- I like it!

Who is "they"? We're all "they". Those cards and the database and the websites are all created and maintained by someone who didn't want to wait for someone else to do it. Fire up a word processor and make some cards of your own! :)

Thank you for the encouragement, but I will continue to wait and wish that someone creates one specifically for Indiana... If you would like to Skippy, pm me and I can tell you where to send them!! :)

Skippy

imported post

I actually use the generic card shown a couple posts up. I've been working on a lightweight database of my own for a few months, but it's nowhere near usable yet.