Thread: If you use a military-style M7 shoulder holster

Post imported post

Ran across this by accident while surfing the web...

http://www.safetycenter.navy.mil/med...2/Gore-Tex.htm

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

That sucks

State Researcher

Post imported post

This Marine doesn't sound very bright...

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    This Marine doesn't sound very bright...
    Had to correct your misuse of a lower-case "m".

State Researcher

Post imported post

Okay, I fixed it, but I am not so sure this guy deserved his 'm' capitalized

In all honest, why would you carry a weapon like that when in a security detail?

Post imported post

openryan wrote:
    Okay, I fixed it, but I am not so sure this guy deserved his 'm' capitalized

In all honest, why would you carry a weapon like that when in a security detail?

Well, I can't say for sure, but it sounds like it was not in a dangerous area, it was cold out, and he had his rifle, anyway. Plus he probably wasn't aware that the M7 holster wasn't designed with CC in mind (although I don't see a problem with using that way as long as you do it right).

I think his strangest mistake was pulling the trigger; I'm not quite sure how you do that. As a former Marine, I can say that placing your finger on the side of the frame instead of the trigger was drilled so deep into my brain that it's automatic with me, and was also with my buddies. Plus, it sounds like the pistol was not cocked, which means he really had to pull the trigger hard to fire it in DA mode.

He made a series of dumb mistakes and paid for it with his life.I see no reason to try and put him down; he paid enough for it.

But I know some folks use these holsters (I've considered getting one myself) and I thought it was a good story to link.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

Here is another reason to STOP NOW rather than tug and yank:

http://www.thegunzone.com/mos/ad.html

If you never have, go to his homepage and skim through for the negligent discharges. You will come away with a whole new rigor for safe gun handling practices.

I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.