• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

If you use a military-style M7 shoulder holster

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

Okay, I fixed it, but I am not so sure this guy deserved his 'm' capitalized :)

In all honest, why would you carry a weapon like that when in a security detail?

Tomahawk

imported post

openryan wrote:
Okay, I fixed it, but I am not so sure this guy deserved his 'm' capitalized :)

In all honest, why would you carry a weapon like that when in a security detail?

Well, I can't say for sure, but it sounds like it was not in a dangerous area, it was cold out, and he had his rifle, anyway. Plus he probably wasn't aware that the M7 holster wasn't designed with CC in mind (although I don't see a problem with using that way as long as you do it right).

I think his strangest mistake was pulling the trigger; I'm not quite sure how you do that. As a former Marine, I can say that placing your finger on the side of the frame instead of the trigger was drilled so deep into my brain that it's automatic with me, and was also with my buddies. Plus, it sounds like the pistol was not cocked, which means he really had to pull the trigger hard to fire it in DA mode.

He made a series of dumb mistakes and paid for it with his life.I see no reason to try and put him down; he paid enough for it.

But I know some folks use these holsters (I've considered getting one myself) and I thought it was a good story to link.