Thread: Husband shoots burgler in middle of wife's 911 call to police

Moderator / Administrator

Post imported post

Post imported post

Mike wrote: The above link requires user name and password.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

State Researcher

Post imported post

lol thats funny. It's interesting how calm everyone seems to be. She definately sounds concerned, but calm.

Post imported post

These 911 calls are scary to listen to...
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Here's the news article to accompany it:
    http://www.oregonlive.com/news/orego...560.xml&coll=7
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Gotta love the last three paragraphs of that report. One home intrusion attempted, one intruder shot. Danger to residents: none remaining. Belongings lost: none. Community streets: one critter cleaner and safer. Stupid cop! No doughnut! If you want to be alarmist, cite at least three instances of legal, citizen owned and operated guns taken from their hands and turned on the owners. (Once is chance, twice is coincidence, three times is enemy action...) ANY object can be used as a lethal weapon, so unless you have nothing but fresh, sterile carpet andair in your abode,You'reSurrounded By Dangerous Objects that a BG can use against you (and vice-versa)!! (There are no dangerous weapons, just dangerous people...)

"The Multnomah County district attorney's office will consider what action is warranted, Schmautz said."

ACitizens Medal of Merit, and the perps head (if he dies) on a spike outside their door.

+1 mil forthe Hudsons.

-1K for Ociffer Schmautz.

For the record, I just finished rereading Heinleins' "Time enough for Love" andMichael Williamsons' "Freehold", so I'm feeling a bit bloodthirsty at the moment.

P.S. Leaving EnglandVERY soon for the fresh air of... ARIZONA! Yippee!

Post imported post

One of the comments on the site:

"if someone is breaking into your property you can shoot him and not get in ****. I think thats sick."

That about sums up the attitude of antis. No thought for the victims of ahome invasion.

Post imported post

The police are advising people not to have firearms at home since they can be used against you? Then why do they have them if they could be used against them?

Post imported post

i used to liveclose that house, i think i know what house that happened in. that is considered to be a nice neighborhood. my house was on 122nd and glisan, it doesn't surprise me that the police didn't seem concerned. we had several thefts and i was assaulted when i work at a gas station up there, and when we called to police, even for the assault, it took an hour for them to get there.

Post imported post

Can someone post the text? I cannot follow that link due to the mil firewall.

Post imported post

Mainsail wrote:
    Can someone post the text? I cannot follow that link due to the mil firewall.
    Husband Shoots Burglar During 911 Call
    A woman calls 911 during a burglary and the 911 operator doesnt sound completely convinced that their really is a burglar until the husband shoots him with his .38 revolver.

That's about it, except for a bunch of poorly written comments.

Post imported post

[Officer] Schmautz cautioned residents about keeping guns at home. An intruder could turn a weapon against a resident in such a confrontation, he said.

Also, Schmautz said residents should weigh the risk of personal danger against the loss of belongings.

Gee, no mention of the benefits of having a gun in the home to defend against someone who is breaking into your house at 4:50 AM who might be trying to KILL you???

Gotta handit to Offficer Schmautz. He's a realneutral kind ofguy...

Post imported post

Nice neighborhood? maybe compared to compton or detriot. I Lived in NE portland for almost20 years, shootings, armed robery, gang fights, home break-ins, etcwere an hourly occurance not a rare event. They are treated like car accidents, unless they effect hundreds of people or happen to someone rich you dont hear about it.

State Researcher

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    [Officer] Schmautz cautioned residents about keeping guns at home. An intruder could turn a weapon against a resident in such a confrontation, he said.

Also, Schmautz said residents should weigh the risk of personal danger against the loss of belongings.

Gee, no mention of the benefits of having a gun in the home to defend against someone who is breaking into your house at 4:50 AM who might be trying to KILL you???

Gotta handit to Offficer Schmautz. He's a realneutral kind ofguy...
    How about loss of life?

Also, if they do it at 450, I will be even more pissed, If I am late to work cause I have to shoot someone, there will be serious repercussions...

Post imported post

i lived in se on flavel, that was a bad area, gang shooting 4 house's down from me.

122nd and glisan, was not a bad area, til the older folks started to die and the kids moved in. does anyone know what cross street this happened at?

State Researcher

Post imported post

I don't care if the guy is armed, and I don't care if there's no "improvised weapons" lying about. Most 26-year-old men could easily physically overpower and kill a 71-year-old man without a weapon. And even if all things were physically equal, it's not hard to imagine that he saw the gun and was going to try to wrestle it from the homeowner.

Anything but retreat by the intruder can only be assumed as immediate, grave danger. Anybody who says otherwise should have to wear a helmet anytime they leave the sofa.
    Participant in the Free State Project - "Liberty in Our Lifetime" - www.freestateproject.org
    Supporter of the CalGuns Foundation - http://www.calgunsfoundation.org/
    Supporter of the Madison Society - www.madison-society.org

Don't Tread On Me.

Post imported post

Heh... 1:28 "Now don't go out there, Leroy."

*POP*

"Oh, my husband shot."

{few seconds later}

"Yeah, he said he hit him."

"Do you need an ambulance?"
    ----------

The best answer there would be "No, but a morgue wagon would be nice."