• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Man charged for not having ID

C

ccloud43

imported post

Listening to Wavy News this morning they had a story about a nude man on the beach. After all the hoopla about the police chasing him and catching him the reporter stated all the charges against him. The last charge was not carrying ID. SO is there a law that you have to carry ID or is this reporter misinformed. I had heard while growing up in FL that you had to carry ID if you were over 16 years old. That was FL and this is VA so maybe it was a state law or something, or i was misinformed. Either way, This topic is brought up a lot on this forum so I would like to know for sure.

Here is the link to the story

http://www.wavy.com/Global/story.asp?S=6790344

LEO 229

imported post

Wow... charged in Virginia for not having an ID. Was he "driving"... the cops crazy? ;)

I know a bunch of us have never found anything about having to have an ID. I have to think the news agencygot some bad info.

If he DID get charged.... it would be interesting to see what code section. I can use it against Citizen when he finally gets to meet me.

As far as I know.... you only have to have ID if your operating a motor vehicle. Other than that... no ID needed.

kenny

imported post

For cause, I think running around buck naked on the beach is PC enough. Of course if it were a nude beach no.

Will it stick, I can hear the excuses now. Well your Honor, I had no place to carry it. It just might work, provided they had nothing else. Evading police, he is done.

LEO 229

imported post

kenny wrote:
For cause, I think running around buck naked on the beach is PC enough. Of course if it were a nude beach no.

Will it stick, I can hear the excuses now. Well your Honor, I had no place to carry it. It just might work, provided they had nothing else. Evading police, he is done.

Actually.. The news said....
When officers tried to get him to put his clothes back on he ran.
I am guessing he had a pocket or two.

C

ccloud43

imported post

LEO 229 I dont know if maybe the news crew got it wrong or if there is a charge of no ID. Do you think maybe he might not have ID on him and just gave them a false name and the news crew got confused on the charge. I dont know, I could probably guess for weeks until somthing comes of it.

BTW Kenny, there is not a nude beach here. Girls cant even wear thongs at the oceanfront. it might upset our over the hill mayor:cuss:

LEO 229

imported post

I am thinking the news got it wrong.

His situation is a minor crime and he could be released on a summons. Not having an ID could cause him to actually go to jail since he cannot prove who he is.

I think the news believed he was arrestedand CHARGED for not having an ID.

C

ccloud43

imported post

LEO 229 there were other charges that are not minor. 1 was assault on a police officer and the other i believe was fleeing to elude. Wouldnt the assault be a felony?

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

I cannot believe that even the police state enthusiast localities of Tidewater have an ordinance requiring anyone to carry "ID," a law well known to be unconstititonsl under Kolender v. Lawson.

Tomahawk

imported post

A friend I know from work was charged with "vagrancy" in VB back in the early 90s after refusing to show a cop his ID, while standing on the public sidewalk in front of his home. He and his wife researched the law and got it thrown out of court, according to the teller of the tale. My knowledge of it is all second-hand.

AbNo

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
Girls cant even wear thongs at the oceanfront. it might upset our over the hill mayor:cuss:

Speaking of Virginia Beach, what's up with that "Stopless Go-Go" club over by Pleasure House Rd and University?

"Stopless"? :banghead:

C

ccloud43

imported post

AbNO the only GOGO place i know of on Pleasure House is JB's and it is still there, and yes they still have a sign that says stopless go go.

AbNo

imported post

ccloud43 wrote:
AbNO the only GOGO place i know of on Pleasure House is JB's and it is still there, and yes they still have a sign that says stopless go go.

That's the one I was talking about. It's about 200 feet south of the Pleasure House (heh) / University intersection....

What's it like inside? I might be down there in a couple of weeks. :lol:

C

ccloud43

imported post

I dont know whats in that one, I have never been in it. The only Bikini Bar i have been in here is the Sugar Shack (real name is Sugar and Spice) on VB Blvd close to Oceana Blvd.

So are you comingover on the 28th for the dinner?

AbNo

imported post

Can't, sadly.

If there's one down there on a Thursday or maybe a Friday Lunch, I could..... But I have to work Fri/Sat/Sun every week from 9p-8a. :(

C

ccloud43

imported post

We are having one this thur the 19th at hickory grill, check out the july open carry dinner thread. If you cant make that one just pm me and me and the wife can meet you for lunch or dinner. or maybe talk some of the other regulars into coming out for another dinner when you are here

C

ccloud43

imported post

If you like Mogolian there is one by Lynnhaven mall that me and the wife eat at a lot( the people there know us) and i carry there every time