Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Officer Dies Five Days After Shooting in Brooklyn

  1. #1
    State Researcher HankT's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Invisible Mode
    Posts
    6,217

    Post imported post

    http://www.nytimes.com/2007/07/15/ny...amp;ei=5087%0A



    This is a really bad one. Cold blooded murder of a NYC LEO. One guy had a .45, the other a 9mm. Bloomberg's anti-gun movement will gain cred if the guns were illegal. Probably even if they weren't.





  2. #2
    State Researcher
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
    Posts
    1,441

    Post imported post

    To me it's just another example of gun laws not working.


  3. #3
    Newbie cato's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    2,335

    Post imported post

    Pa. Patriot wrote:
    To me it's just another example of gun laws not working.
    +1

    Overconfidence and underestimating a threat can alsokill. I'm not going to walk upon a BMW with Mitsubishi plates; a felony t-stop with more back up (code 3)is what is going through my head.

    It's hard to criticize, butthese sad events allowothers to learn and live.


  4. #4
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Mag-bayonettes!, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    1,407

    Post imported post

    The guy wasn't wearing a vest?!? I ask this because they specifically make mention of his partner Yan wearing his...

    anyways, they got them:
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...alth-headlines

    So maybe they'll reinstitute the death penalty and inject them.
    -Unrequited

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Faber, Virginia, USA
    Posts
    119

    Post imported post

    unrequited wrote:
    The guy wasn't wearing a vest?!? I ask this because they specifically make mention of his partner Yan wearing his...

    anyways, they got them:
    http://www.newsday.com/news/local/ne...alth-headlines

    So maybe they'll reinstitute the death penalty and inject them.
    Reading the news account, it wouldn't have mattered if he had a vest on or not. I feel for the family of the officer. Though putting the perps to death would be the best thing, you know that NY isn't going to do that.

  6. #6
    State Researcher .40 Cal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    COTEP FOREVER!, North Carolina, USA
    Posts
    1,379

    Post imported post

    How do you expect NY to improve when even their journalists write things like, "In Pennsylvania, the friend dropped off Bostic and Ellis about 14 miles from where they was nabbed." There will be no true justice for the slain police officers. The criminals should be lynched.

  7. #7
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    , Tennessee, USA
    Posts
    416

    Post imported post

    cato wrote:
    Pa. Patriot wrote:
    To me it's just another example of gun laws not working.
    +1

    Overconfidence and underestimating a threat can alsokill. I'm not going to walk upon a BMW with Mitsubishi plates; a felony t-stop with more back up (code 3)is what is going through my head.

    It's hard to criticize, butthese sad events allowothers to learn and live.
    I hate to second guess, but I also was wondering why no felony stop ? It would seem that if something doesn't seem right, it would be better err on the side of caution. Also, the laws definitely did not stop this incident.

    ProguninTN

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •