• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Officer Dies Five Days After Shooting in Brooklyn

cato

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
To me it's just another example of gun laws not working.

+1

Overconfidence and underestimating a threat can alsokill. I'm not going to walk upon a BMW with Mitsubishi plates; a felony t-stop with more back up (code 3)is what is going through my head.

It's hard to criticize, butthese sad events allowothers to learn and live.

Goliath

imported post

unrequited wrote:
The guy wasn't wearing a vest?!? I ask this because they specifically make mention of his partner Yan wearing his...

anyways, they got them:
http://www.newsday.com/news/local/newyork/am-cops0712,0,567969.story?coll=sns-ap-health-headlines

So maybe they'll reinstitute the death penalty and inject them.
Reading the news account, it wouldn't have mattered if he had a vest on or not. I feel for the family of the officer. Though putting the perps to death would be the best thing, you know that NY isn't going to do that.

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

How do you expect NY to improve when even their journalists write things like, "In Pennsylvania, the friend dropped off Bostic and Ellis about 14 miles from where they was nabbed." There will be no true justice for the slain police officers. The criminals should be lynched.

ProguninTN

imported post

cato wrote:
Pa. Patriot wrote:
To me it's just another example of gun laws not working.

+1

Overconfidence and underestimating a threat can alsokill. I'm not going to walk upon a BMW with Mitsubishi plates; a felony t-stop with more back up (code 3)is what is going through my head.

It's hard to criticize, butthese sad events allowothers to learn and live.

I hate to second guess, but I also was wondering why no felony stop ? It would seem that if something doesn't seem right, it would be better err on the side of caution. Also, the laws definitely did not stop this incident.

ProguninTN