• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anybody open carries with full size pistols ?

usatracy

imported post

I open and conceal carry my 92FS all over NoVa, and VA and conceal carry it in Tenn and FL.

I am a SMALL guy and NO ONE has noticed the FS92 plus two mags, I usually wear a small jacket when cool, and when hot wear a t-shirt, the rig and a regular shirt, unbuttoned and not tucked in.

Carried for three years now and now one can tell if I have it or not.

Have open carried and never had any issues at all including the areas in NoVa that are close to DC, but stay of Fed prop and parkways.

I am big open carry supporter and ONLY got the conceal permit so I can loophole the stupid no carry within 1000 feet of schools and on school grounds, when I need to go to a school I am covered with the conceal.

I have even carried into the courthouse with the rig and ammo, leaving the gun behind, got stopped at metal detectors and then allowed to go on my way.

I got my shoulder rig in Leesburg Va, cant remember name model will check and see if I can find out, but it works great and I have carried 99.999999% of the time when I leave the house.

I carry full clip and one chambered and safety on, it is a nose down carry, I dont like the ones that aim out he back. Has two more full clips to balance the rig out.

echo6tango

imported post

JMJ2 wrote:
I conceal carry with my Bersa 380; Ihave a full size Taurus PT 92, I'd like to conceal carry with it, but its too big; so how many people open carry with full size PT 92 pistols ? If I open carry I don't want to be mistaken for a LEO or asked alot of questions.
I've CC'd and OC'd full size pistols, both a Beretta 92FS and a Springfield XD .45. You may find issues with printing depending on what you'rewearing (only in regards to CC'ing) but other than that, it's all about how much weight you're willing to tolerate. For me, I carry my primary plus (at least) two spare mags; never less.I'm not a LEO, soI do not have a badge on my belt near my holster...so if someone assumes I'm a LEO...well, we all know what assumptions get ya...

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Depending on needs at the time -

Full Size 1911 A1
S&W .500 4"
EAA .45 full size
S&W .44 Lew Horton 3"

But I am tall and .... well .. getting fluffy around the middle, so I have no problem concealing any of these. But at least 90% of the time I carry a para ord 12.45

Unless you are of small build you could carry almost any reasonable full frame pistol.

regards

tarzan1888

imported post

JMJ2 wrote:
I conceal carry with my Bersa 380; Ihave a full size Taurus PT 92, I'd like to conceal carry with it, but its too big; so how many people open carry with full size PT 92 pistols ? If I open carry I don't want to be mistaken for a LEO or asked alot of questions.

I get more looks OCing my Taurus Snubby, probably because it is stainless, than I do OCing my full size 1911.

go figure.

Attachments

• my guns.jpg
    my guns.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 461

UTOC-45-44

imported post

openryan wrote:
What is considered full size, I oc a 4" barrel Sigma, 9mm, but it is still a lot smaller than a 1911, yet this is the full size model...

A Full-size 1911 ( for example ) is a 5-inch Barrel. That's what in my sight next to buy.

I also Carry a 44Mag Ruger Vaquero 5'5 (old style)

The Pic below is what I Carry Currently ( 4-inch) , what I want is the Same but the Barrel is 1 inch longer.

large_protlerl2.jpg

Pro TLE/RL II Pictured

markand

imported post

I OC a SIG P229 (357 SIG), same gun carried by the Virginia State Police. Its not the biggest gun one could carry, but its no pocket gun either. As one of the Tony's 7 (one of 7 OC'ers harassed by police in Manassas, VA in January), I can't quite say I've completely escaped notice. Mostly people, however, pay no attention.

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

I OC with a Sig 226 9mm, and CC with my SA XD SC .40
I wish I still had my Colt King Cobra 8in stainless .357mag, I can only imagine the looks I would get...............

:D