• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

You've convinced me. I'm going to OC when I go home.

armedinrichmond

imported post

Currently stationed in Germany, but coming home on leave in less than two weeks. While there, I plan on buying a XD45 and OCing, at least until my CHP gets cleared.

Thanks to everyone who posted stories about carrying in restaurants and other places, as it really boosted my confidence.

C

ccloud43

imported post

Welcome to the board and also welcome home when you get back. Hopefully you can make it to a dinner there in Richmond soon. And Thank You for you Service

Mike

Site Co-Founder
imported post

Folks overseas should apply for a CHP from the VA State Police.

Then you have it when you need it, and are exempt from one handgun a month in VA.

unrequited

imported post

You've just made the best decision of your life... the CHP? No. The first post on OCDO? No... Your soon-to-be XD45. 0_o

Congratulations!

If you haven't looked into it, take a look at the new XD 45 Compact?
http://www.xdpistols.com/

Just like my 4" Service, but smaller and convertible to the full 13+1 with a mag extension.

GLENGLOCKER

imported post

Welcome to the board. I just OC'd for the first time last weekend after having a CHP for seven years. Now I have been OC'ingeverywhere since. Also if you don't belong to the VCDL then please join.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Why can't an OC convert return from Germany to OHIO? Virginia has enough crazy OCers down there! They can't keep taking all our OCers! Share the wealth! :D But in all seriousness, welcome, good luck OCing, and hurry up here to Ohio. (No, I guess I can't wish that on anyone..)

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Yeah, we still have a lot of work to do up here, and plus the weather is crappy, sothere's 2 strikes against us, and then, strike 3 has to be that Dennis Kucinich is from Ohio. I guess you are right for going back to VA. Maybe I'll have to get down there myself. I like the South better anyway.

Bulldog1967

imported post

dngreer wrote:
Yeah, we still have a lot of work to do up here, and plus the weather is crappy, sothere's 2 strikes against us, and then, strike 3 has to be that Dennis Kucinich is from Ohio. I guess you are right for going back to VA. Maybe I'll have to get down there myself. I like the South better anyway.
:what:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycFtOBKIXcg

No strings!

dng

State Researcher
imported post

Geez, he would be a president with no brains... The only two words he apparently knows are "no springs". It's almost like he doesn't have control of what he is saying, almost like a puppet master is pulling his strings! :banghead:

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

dngreer wrote:

Please sir, do us Southerners a big favor if you migrate down here. Leave any northern ideas back there before you come down. We kinda like it Southern like and would hate to see any more dilution of our little part of the world. Do that and we will welcome you with open arms.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

No worries, I was born in SC and raised in NC. Southern through and through. Except that I got a Yankee accent up here, and I'll have to learn to talk normal again! :D

SouthernBoy

Western Prince William County, Virginia, USA
imported post

dngreer wrote:
No worries, I was born in SC and raised in NC. Southern through and through. Except that I got a Yankee accent up here, and I'll have to learn to talk normal again! :D

Ok.. you're in!! Now let me hear you say "y'all" and "I'll have grits (frequently pronounced 'gree-its") with my eggs".

Incidently, I love South Carolina and hope to retire their when I end my working years. Been going down there for 40 years and never stopped loving the low country.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
dngreer wrote:

Ok.. you're in!! Now let me hear you say "y'all" and "I'll have grits (frequently pronounced 'gree-its") with my eggs".

Incidently, I love South Carolina and hope to retire their when I end my working years. Been going down there for 40 years and never stopped loving the low country.
You don't want to hear a "y'all" with a northern accent! Not good, trust me...:lol: But there I go again; off the thread topic. Just don't get me started on the war of Northern aggression!

72Malibu

imported post

Okay, I'm going to contribute to the off-topic-ness of this thread:

I moved to VA from PA (after a short stay in CA) and even I have a problem with the northerners who move into this area and bring unsavory northern ideas/etc with them.

Granted, I'm a PA boy, but where I lived in the sticks of southern PA had mostly a southern culture, so I've really come to love living here and want to be considered a southerner.

However, some of my coworkers, mostly the gruff good 'ol boys who've lived here all their lives still consider me a devil northerner... mostly jokingly though. I said "what about my son? He was born inthe south, does that make him a southerner?" The answer I got was: "Just because a cat has kittens in the oven don't mean we call 'em 'biscuits'". :lol:

I've not been discouraged though, unlike many modern situations on which I'm not going to elaborate at the moment, I've been wanting and trying my best to assimilate into southern culture since it's pretty much just like how I grew up, just with a little more 'twang'.

dng

State Researcher
imported post

72Malibu wrote:
He was born inthe south, does that make him a southerner?" The answer I got was: "Just because a cat has kittens in the oven don't mean we call 'em 'biscuits'". :lol:
That is hilarious! I wonder if I qualify as a biscuit?:)

Tomahawk

imported post

72Malibu wrote:
Okay, I'm going to contribute to the off-topic-ness of this thread:

I moved to VA from PA
Me too. I've lived in many states but I was born in PA, raised in NJ, with summers spent in Western PA.

When native Virginians ask me where I'm from, I say the Keystone State. And I still love the Land of William Penn's Woods. But after living in VA for so long and investing myself into it I dare anyone to tell me it's not my home. Even though I talk funny and remain a lifelong Eagles fan.