• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Obama Calls for PERMANENT Assault Weapons Ban

CPL_in_WA

imported post

1st freedom wrote:
Thanks for noticing my typo's CPL, it's nice to know your on the job ;)
lol! I try not to do that! I just saw the 'joke' in there and had to let it out before it 'burned' a hole in me (see? there I go again!) ... I didn't mean to come across as the 'TypoNazi'.

Laugh Long! :lol:

Stay Safe! :cool:

CPL_in_WA

imported post

HankT wrote:
CPL_in_WA wrote:
Hmmm... OC in the ghetto? How about an OC dinner in the ghetto? Not for the faint of heart.Also, it would require some coordination with the restaurant. Hmmm... interesting possibilities...
Wow, that would be so cool-cool-coolio. :monkey:what:

But it will never happen. No way you could get a group of guys to go for a stroll in the heart of the ghetto while OCing...

And what's with the "require some coordination" idea? I don't recall the Manassas 7 or the Norfolk 8 coordinating anything with the eateries they went to. In fact, the conventional wisdom is "don't call ahead." ;)

OCing in groups is obviously best done in the relative safety of the Wal-Marts, Targets, good restaurants and public libraries. Those are the people that should be educated...and protected.

I don't think anyone (me included) would want to go traipsing through the ghetto showing arms. I'd be too afraid to do it. Others would be too.

It will never happen.

What did I mean with 'coordination'? Suppose you had a restaurant in the gang-filled ghetto, what would you think if a bunch (7-10)of OC'ers descended upon your place, when that "never" happens? I'd rather not get on the bad side of an wary armed store owner, you know what I mean?

That's all I meant. Sorry if I was unclear. Hopefully the worst that would happen is the owner didn't want us there, thereby ruining our plans. Oh well...

bohdi

imported post

Legba wrote:
I know I'm not going to the ghetto in Cincinnati at night without a loaded gun in my hand - nevermind CC vs. OC.

-ljp

+1

HankT - I don't think your recommendation is wise, and it's perhaps slightly irresponsible. I personally would not feel comfortable with 7 - 10 OC'ers walking into the heart of the old hood and plopping down at a corner resturant.

If we're going to define the type of place your talking about, it's in the heart of the city where the people are over-ridden by thugs/criminals/gangs who control a peice of property by force/armed means, and are willing to protect it by physical and violent means without batting an eyelash and walking over your warm corpse after the fact.

Now, your suggesting abunch of us crackers with cap guns come strolling in there for brunch during the day or a cup of joe at night, and you don't think, just a little bit, for a second, that this might, just might, be instigating a situation that will most likely get out of hand very quickly? Sir you need your head checked. Don't we preach there's a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things - see PackinVB's thread about McyD's and LHMI.

Yeah, a group of us with .40, .45. and what ever other semi autos potentially against people with Tec-9's or whatever it is the bangers are playing with these days. Great idea. You sir are a role model for youth with your wisdom. That is what your suggesting right, the scenario above? Lead the way.

Further more, to be clear, Legba stated he would not do this activity without the gun, he is not suggesting that anyone SHOULD do this. You however ARE suggesting that someone, or a group of someones should, this now makes you the owner of the actual idea of the activity. I say again, Lead the way.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

bohdi wrote:
Legba wrote:
I know I'm not going to the ghetto in Cincinnati at night without a loaded gun in my hand - nevermind CC vs. OC.

-ljp

+1

HankT - I don't think your recommendation is wise, and it's perhaps slightly irresponsible. I personally would not feel comfortable with 7 - 10 OC'ers walking into the heart of the old hood and plopping down at a corner resturant.

If we're going to define the type of place your talking about, it's in the heart of the city where the people are over-ridden by thugs/criminals/gangs who control a peice of property by force/armed means, and are willing to protect it by physical and violent means without batting an eyelash and walking over your warm corpse after the fact.

Now, your suggesting abunch of us crackers with cap guns come strolling in there for brunch during the day or a cup of joe at night, and you don't think, just a little bit, for a second, that this might, just might, be instigating a situation that will most likely get out of hand very quickly? Sir you need your head checked. Don't we preach there's a right way to do things and a wrong way to do things - see PackinVB's thread about McyD's and LHMI.

Yeah, a group of us with .40, .45. and what ever other semi autos potentially against people with Tec-9's or whatever it is the bangers are playing with these days. Great idea. You sir are a role model for youth with your wisdom. That is what your suggesting right, the scenario above? Lead the way.

Further more, to be clear, Legba stated he would not do this activity without the gun, he is not suggesting that anyone SHOULD do this. You however ARE suggesting that someone, or a group of someones should, this now makes you the owner of the actual idea of the activity. I say again, Lead the way.

Bohdi, I think you misread the posts above. I did not suggest or recommendthe idea. CPL_in_WA did. Try again.Or maybe use the good ole all purpose MMM reference somehow...:p

Regarding your deflection of "Lead the way," if you look at the words in my post real closely, you'll see that I said "I'd be too afraid to do it." I purposely chose little words to say that. So it woud be, um, clear. Sorry about that.

It will never happen.
nosmiley.gif

bohdi

imported post

Shortend:

HankT wrote:
Bohdi, I think you misread the posts above. I did not suggest or recommendthe idea. CPL_in_WA did. Try again.Or maybe use the good ole all purpose MMM reference somehow...:p

Regarding your deflection of "Lead the way," if you look at the words in my post real closely, you'll see that I said "I'd be too afraid to do it." I purposely chose little words to say that. So it woud be, um, clear. Sorry about that.

It will never happen.
nosmiley.gif
Whoa, how did I miss that gorilla going through the crowd of basketball players? I must have been in condition white.....I haven't needed to use any good ole all puprose MMM reference in a while, it's out of fashion now that other people have started using it....Yeah, my neanderthal mind couldn't process your little words quickly enough. I guess I just love picking on you. My bad. Forgive me please?
smiley31.gif

spy1

imported post

Even assuming it didn't instantly degenerate into a free-fire zone, I sincerely hope everyone realizes that the {anti-gun} media would spin such a display of force into a "racial" issue, with all the OC'ers being media-branded as KKK'ers, skinheads, radicals. vigilantes,etc. (yes, even though I'm sure all races would be represented among the OC'ers).

The PR devastation to OC'ers and their cause would be inestimable, and would whiplash through the rest of the pro-gun community, hurting us all.

This is not a scenario that needs discussion - it's a discussion that needs ENDED. Pete

CPL_in_WA

imported post

HankT wrote:
TrueBrit wrote:
Legba wrote:
Brit,

Ohio has traditionally been a "cash & carry" gun state - so it's not just southern boys who like their firearms. [indelicate remarks about the Civil War redacted] Also, it is generally criminals who gun down other criminals here, and I think Obama et al would realize that the "lax" gun laws are actually doing the work that the police and courts either can't or won't, if they looked more closely at the "problem." I know I'm not going to the ghetto in Cincinnati at night without a loaded gun in my hand - nevermind CC vs. OC.

-ljp

No offence meant here, I was being rather flip about the North and South, and I am sure that the gentlemen North of the river are great gun aficionados.

You are a better man than I am, Legba, to even think of venturing into the ghetto in Cincy after dark!My personal choice of weaponry would be a shotgun!;)

TrueBrit and Legba inspire a quiteinteresting idea: What if a committed and resolute OCer wanted to excercise his right to go anywhere he wished in Cincy (or Philly...or Norfolk...). And anywhere includes the ghetto! So, in order to excercise that right and to educate the public .... the guy decides to go a walk through Over-the-Rhine, check out the sights, smoke a cigarette and just, well, be. Let's say for propriety's sake he has his peacemaker in holster, not in hand as Legba might suggest.

Whoa, Nellie. Wouldn't that be a great demonstration of something?

What would even be cooler would be a group of OCers going through the ghetto. Excercising, making a statement...stopping at an eats place with local flair...kind of like the Norfolk group recently....

I dunno. Now that I think about it, I don't believe I've heard hereof much OCing in the ghetto. I don't know what that means, but it is interesting.

:shock:
The above post by HankT was 2 posts and more than 3 1/2 hours prior to my post continuing the 'OC dinner in the ghetto' thought, among other thoughts. :cuss:

HankT wrote:

It will never happen.
nosmiley.gif
I second-guessed myself, and re-read the posts just to make sure I wasn't the originator. I am all for having one's opinion, but to misquote oneself and lay the blame on someone else? That seems unreasonably crass. :monkey

bohdi, there's no need. Suggesting an idea and being too afraid to do itare not mutually exclusive. :idea:

OC at midnight in the ghetto is NOT the smartest thing to do. There probably wouldn't be any progress at all, and would most likely degress. How it could degress is well said by spy1.

spy1, please don't advocate lack of communication. As far as I can tell, nobody was really planning on doing this. We were discussing the ramifications of OC/ghetto issues. My opinion would've been stated thus: This scenario does not need to happen, ever. This is what I think is referred to as a 'lose-lose' situation.

But then again, I guess I should keep my speech to myself, eh?
:banghead: