• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Forgot LTCF....

khmer_gentleman

imported post

What would happen if i forgot my ltcf? i locked my keys and my wallet in my trunk today. my ltcf is in my wallet so for some reason if i was stopped and i had my gun on me, what happens?

steveforopen

imported post

Frankly, I'd expect a slap on the wrist in PA. Most cops are pretty forgiving, however expect to be treated as a criminal until they verify your LTCF

Molon Labe

Steve in PA

imported post

§ 6122. Proof of license and exception.
(a) General rule.--When carrying a firearm concealed on or
about one's person or in a vehicle, an individual licensed to
carry a firearm shall, upon lawful demand of a law enforcement
officer, produce the license for inspection. Failure to produce
such license either at the time of arrest or at the preliminary
hearing shall create a rebuttable presumption of nonlicensure.
(b) Exception.--An individual carrying a firearm on or about
his person or in a vehicle and claiming an exception under
section 6106(b) (relating to firearms not to be carried without
a license) shall, upon lawful demand of a law enforcement
officer, produce satisfactory evidence of qualification for
exception.
(Dec. 19, 1988, P.L.1275, No.158, eff. 180 days; Apr. 22, 1997,
P.L.73, No.5, eff. 60 days)

TrueBrit

imported post

steveforopen wrote:
Frankly, I'd expect a slap on the wrist in PA. Most cops are pretty forgiving, however expect to be treated as a criminal until they verify your LTCF

Molon Labe

I am ignorant of the PA gun laws, but would it be possible to just OC until you get the trunk opened?

Here in KY, if one cannot produce a CDWL while CCing, one gets a 25 buck non criminal slap on the wrist. This, of course, cannot happen if concealed is truly concealed,unless a cop runs your plates during a traffic stop. We just OC or glovebox carry anyway, both legal without a stinkin' permit!

Or is it that you guys in PA need a permit for OC and CC? Please forgive my lack of knowledge here.

TrueBrit

chesire17201

imported post

Here in pa you can open carry without a permit as long as you are on foot,

ANY states permit is good for carry in a car,

and a pa ltcf or recoginized permit such as Fl, Va, Tn, etc, etc is neded to conceal.

but he would have been ok anyhow as he was ABLE to produce ltcf if needed once car was opened....( and i'm sure the LEO could loan a hammer to get the window "open" for you.....:p)

30 cal slut

imported post

well, if locked in the car, it's nothing to call AAA and get back in.

FWIW, i always carry several photocopies of all CCW's in my car... just in case.