Thread: Pulte Homes donates $500,000 for new shooting range

Post imported post

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articl...gpark0716.html

Pulte Homes donates $500,000 for new shooting range
    Kelly Carr
    The Arizona Republic
    Jul. 16, 2007 12:00 AM

Pulte Homes has made good on a promise made more than six years ago to relocate a shooting range near its Surprise community.

Pulte recently donated $500,000 to the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors for the development of the new range 10 miles south of Buckeye.

The Buckeye Hills Shooting Park will replace the range where sheriff's deputies train now.

The existing site is northwest of Surprise at McMicken Dam, close to Del Webb's Sun City Grand.

The new park will have ranges for public use and for training of sheriff's personnel.

"The community has been sold out for many years, and we still held true to our commitment," said Jacque Petroulakis, a spokeswoman for Pulte Homes. "The current facility wasn't sufficient and was in a floodplain. They had intentions to move, and we wanted to support it."

Last August, the board approved the 120-acre, $18.4 million shooting park. A $3.4 million contract with Phoenix's D.L. Withers Construction was approved earlier this year.

Deputies could begin training at the new range in January. The current range will close.

Post imported post

Somebody actually wanting to open a shooting range, rather than shutting one down. That's good to hear.

ProguninTN

State Researcher

Post imported post

Hey- someone came through on their word, better late than never!

Post imported post

I'm sorry. I have a real hard time with this story. Pulte Homes first promises to move the shooting facility. Now after all the homes are sold they come thru with their commitment. What if the homes had not sold? Does Pulte have other motives for this donation? Was it a condition of their development? Did they promise the moving of the range for buyers of the homes?

This article looks like a respone to a press release by Pulte Homes. I would be interested to hear the other side of the story.

Post imported post

combatcarry wrote:
    I'm sorry. I have a real hard time with this story. Pulte Homes first promises to move the shooting facility. Now after all the homes are sold they come thru with their commitment. What if the homes had not sold? Does Pulte have other motives for this donation? Was it a condition of their development? Did they promise the moving of the range for buyers of the homes?

This article looks like a respone to a press release by Pulte Homes. I would be interested to hear the other side of the story.
    Hmmm, you're a skeptical guy.

That's good.

But what is getting your Spidey-sene to tingling on this one, combatcarry?