• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Pulte Homes donates $500,000 for new shooting range

mzbk2l

imported post

http://www.azcentral.com/news/articles/0716shootingpark0716.html

Pulte Homes donates $500,000 for new shooting range
Kelly Carr
The Arizona Republic
Jul. 16, 2007 12:00 AM

Pulte Homes has made good on a promise made more than six years ago to relocate a shooting range near its Surprise community.

Pulte recently donated $500,000 to the Maricopa County Board of Supervisors for the development of the new range 10 miles south of Buckeye.

The Buckeye Hills Shooting Park will replace the range where sheriff's deputies train now.

The existing site is northwest of Surprise at McMicken Dam, close to Del Webb's Sun City Grand.

The new park will have ranges for public use and for training of sheriff's personnel.

"The community has been sold out for many years, and we still held true to our commitment," said Jacque Petroulakis, a spokeswoman for Pulte Homes. "The current facility wasn't sufficient and was in a floodplain. They had intentions to move, and we wanted to support it."

Last August, the board approved the 120-acre, $18.4 million shooting park. A $3.4 million contract with Phoenix's D.L. Withers Construction was approved earlier this year.

Deputies could begin training at the new range in January. The current range will close.

combatcarry

imported post

I'm sorry. I have a real hard time with this story. Pulte Homes first promises to move the shooting facility. Now after all the homes are sold they come thru with their commitment. What if the homes had not sold? Does Pulte have other motives for this donation? Was it a condition of their development? Did they promise the moving of the range for buyers of the homes?

This article looks like a respone to a press release by Pulte Homes. I would be interested to hear the other side of the story.

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

combatcarry wrote:
I'm sorry. I have a real hard time with this story. Pulte Homes first promises to move the shooting facility. Now after all the homes are sold they come thru with their commitment. What if the homes had not sold? Does Pulte have other motives for this donation? Was it a condition of their development? Did they promise the moving of the range for buyers of the homes?

This article looks like a respone to a press release by Pulte Homes. I would be interested to hear the other side of the story.

Hmmm, you're a skeptical guy.

That's good.

But what is getting your Spidey-sene to tingling on this one, combatcarry?