• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Think I have a good question?

Ravenhawk

imported post

If there would be any issues with OC & CCW?

I can't carry a knife that I want to openly on my belt I was thinking of just carrying a sidearm instead?

CCW (Shoulder holster) & Open carry (OWB)

This would surely bring out the open carry in me ... I usualy just CCW shoulder holster ...

Whachu think?

just_a_car

imported post

I'm just trying to clarify the question...

Are you asking our opinion on carrying both OC and CC at the same time?

...or maybe asking about switching back and forth?

As for OC in general, I think if it's legal for you to CC and you're a responsible and relatively sane individual (plus as long as it's legal in your state, I don't know if you're in WA or not, since your profile doesn't say), then go for the OC and be comfortable in doing so. Just don't go flaunting it or bragging; not saying you would, just mentioning it. Also, remember that you're going to get asked about it and be ready to be polite and have your "I'm the face of OC for this person" game face on.

G27

imported post

So you want to carry two firearms? One in a concealed shoulder holster postion and one on your hip in a holster? I think that's what you're trying to say. Not sure why you think you'd need two guns, but if you have a CCW, then sure you could legally do such. I think that'd be a bit over kill, and a lot of extra weight. But if you want to, sure?

OC-Glock19

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think that Ravenhawk is saying that he wants to carry a backup gun in addition to his openly-carried handgun. There's nothing wrong with having a BUG, in fact lots of people carry them. I just wonder why you'd want to wear a shoulder holster rig for your backup. It's hot and uncomfortable, and it means that you'd have to keep your jacket on. A small inside-the-waistband handgun and holster or a pocket gun with or without a holster are the usual choices for a backup.

Ravenhawk

imported post

Ya BOTH OC & CCW at same time ... I got a CPL

Not trying to show-off I just find it comfortable for me that way .. I don't like ankle holsters or carrying two guns on the belt having to pull my pants up every 10 minutes.

Shoulder holsters are far more comfortable for me than wearin'em on your belt.

I've been throughout the Kent area like this the last few days anyways ... Just want to be "legal" about it is all ...

just_a_car

imported post

Go for it!

Since you've got your CPL (and I assume you're legal on all other counts), there's nothing to say you can't OC and CC at the same time, as long as you have your CPL on your person. :)