• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Will Governor Kaine lock out pro-gun student groups from August campus security conference?

lunghd

imported post

Well, ya got more of a response than my "We acknowledge your email with this email", email...

Hopefully some of the audience will bring their cam-corders... a nice student journalism student... a nice project for a grade... a nice, undeniable and quite public record of public officials and their anti-gun positions posted on YouTube for the next incident at the next "gun free victim zone" campus

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think the big problem with the reply Tess' received is that only facultyand student leadership will be participating.

Essentiallyshe's been invited to WATCH our human right ofself-defensebethreatened, marginalized, and invalidated.

lunghd

imported post

And guess what I received in the mail?

The exact same letter.

Yup - invited to watch the party but no cake & cookies for those 'shut out' of the process.

mercutio545

imported post

Wait, so that Robert Crouch guy said it was open to the public? I live literally right next to the Siegel Center, so that would be an easy trip.

DeadCenter

imported post

Tess wrote:
Here's the form-letter response I got from the governor's office.....

"Thank you for your interest in Goveror's Campus Security Conference at the Virginia Commonwealth University's Siegel Center on August 13, 2007. For your information this is not a meeting of the Virginia Tech Review Panel. This is a conference bringing together campus officials to discuss security issues on Virginia's campuses.

"While it is correct that there is a specific audience from the college and university faculty staff and student leadership who have been invited to participate as registrants for the conference, there will also be stadium seating available for the general public who wish to attend and hear the same panel presentations.

"While lunch and vendor display access will be limited to the invited registrants, the event is otherwise open to the public."

Sincerely
Robert P. Crouch, Jr."

whoever he is.

Basically, shut up and color. We'll hear what we want.

Today I recieved this same letter via snail mail.

DC