• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Any news on the State Wide Open Carry day?

Tacomatose

imported post

Has anyone received any new details on the proposed State Wide Open Carry day? I can't wait to see this take place. We need to make a big statement and stimulate awareness in a way that noone can argue with.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Tacomatose wrote:
Has anyone received any new details on the proposed State Wide Open Carry day? I can't wait to see this take place. We need to make a big statement and stimulate awareness in a way that noone can argue with.

There is a NATION wide Opencarry day and weekend. 4 of July and the weekend thereof.

I saved it to my favorites on my home comp. I will post it as soon as I get to it.

TJ

UTOC-45-44

imported post

http://www.patriotpages.net/nationalopencarry.htm

[align=center]National Open Carry Day[size=2 pt]©[/size][/align]
[align=center]and[/align]
[align=center]National Open Carry Weekend[size=2 pt]©[/size][/align]
[align=center]Because "a Right restricted is a Right denied" and "a Right not exercised is a Right lost."[/align]
[align=center][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed" Thomas Jefferson[/font][/align]
[align=center]The next National Open Carry Day is July 4th, 2008[/align]
[align=center]The next National Open Carry Weekend is July 4th, 5th and 6th, 2008[/align]
[align=center]Everyday hundreds of thousands of law abiding citizens carry handguns for self defense all across America. Most of those arms are concealed. "Open Carry Day and Open Carry Weekend seek to bring those people who normally carry concealed out of the shadows and into the light. As responsible firearms owners we understand that firearms do not cause crime, but rather prevent and stop crime. In that light we bring to you the National Open Carry Day[size=2 pt]©[/size] and National Open Carry Weekend[size=2 pt]©[/size].[/align]
[align=center]If you live in a state that precludes open carry consider wearing a empty holster to show solidarity[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]Thank you all for the overwhelming response thus far. A quick google search of the words "Nation Open Carry" yields dozens of hits on many different message boards and blogs, not bad for this page only having been up since 3-28-2008. Please continue to spread the word![/align]
[align=center]This idea and webpage is a work in progress. It is merely a start to inform those who fear firearms and to work towards the removal of unConstitutional legislation that infringes on the Right to Keep and Bear Arms. Including those laws that prohibit law abiding citizens from carrying a firearm. Please check back frequently as we get this off the ground.[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]***Please ensure that Open Carry is lawful in your state before openly carrying a firearm.***[/align]
[align=center]***We are NOT responsible for your lack of knowledge on state laws regarding open or concealed carry***[/align]
[align=center]*** Please carry responsibly and lawfully***[/align]
[align=center]If you are planning on participating please drop an E-mail with your state initials to: National Open Carry [/align]
[align=center]HOME[/align]
[align=center]Selected Quotes:[/align]
[align=center]"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -- Thomas Jefferson's "Commonplace Book," [/align]
[align=center]"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." — George Washington[/align]
[align=center][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]"The constitutions of most of our States assert that all power is inherent in the people; that... it is their right and duty to be at all times armed;..." Thomas Jefferson letter to Justice John Cartwright, June 5, 1824. 1824. ME 16:45.[/font][/align]
[align=center][font="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif"]The people are not to be disarmed of their weapons. They are left in full possession of them." Zachariah Johnson, 3 Elliot, Debates at 646 (June 25, 1788).

George Mason: "To disarm the people is the most effectual way to enslave them." (3 Elliot,
Debates at 380)
[/font][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center] [/align]
[align=center][size=2 pt]© 2007, 2008 All Rights Reserved[/size][/align]
[align=center]
fpcount.exe
[/align]
[align=center]HOME[/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center][/align]
[align=center]TJ[/align]

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Outsider wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:
Every day for me is an open carry day!

+1000000

TJ
I thought he said "Every day for me is an open season on Liberals" but that was just wishful thinking.

UTOC, thanks for the information there, very useful. :D

".............season on Liberals"..............:what:.............:lol:

TJ

Outsider

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:

+1000000

TJ
I thought he said "Every day for me is an open season on Liberals" but that was just wishful thinking.

TJ

I think he got excited...

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Outsider wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:

+1000000

TJ

TJ

Damn it, new sheets AGAIN...:lol:....:celebrate

TJ

Outsider

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Outsider wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SGT Jensen wrote:

+1000000

TJ

TJ

Damn it, new sheets AGAIN...:lol:....:celebrate

TJ

LoL!!!!