• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

URGENT - Old Town Alexandria Open Carry...NO harassment!

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

:p Got you to look.

On 7/14/07 @ ~1730 EDT, Mrs. Y and I met up with our good friends, VCDL members and shooting buddies, Mr."Clean" and his lovely wife Maureenat the Chart House restaurant in Old Town Alexandria. Even with reservations there was a briefwait. We got upper level seatingand while we were eating and jabbering, there was no problem.

After eating, Mr. Clean and I decided to take a short walk around. Inoted at least 5 APD officers, 2 directing the busy King Street traffic / pedestrians. I had a briefexchange with one, because I wasn't sure if he was going stop pedestrian traffic my way, again no issues. We strolled up King Street to the Books a Million and went in.

While in Books aMillion, Mr. Clean andI browsed the surprisingly varied selection of firearms magazines. After we were done browsing, we went outside andwalked back down King Street, once again with no trouble. Mr. Clean decided to bail, Mrs. Y& Idecided to grab a tasty beverage at the King/Union Starbucks. I struck up polite conversations with a couple folks, nothing gun related. We strolled back Union Street to the garage, got in the Scheißen Sie Auto II and headed home.

No concealment, no dirty looks, no citiations, no detainment, no arrests.

LEO 229

imported post

So the LEOs there did see you were armed?

Looks like they may have gotten the word.

LEO 229

imported post

SouthernBoy wrote:
Don't we all hope so.

I just gotta say, LEO 229. It's really good to see an LEO so supportive of the rights of Virginians. At the risk of sounding patronizing, I will just say "thank you".

No thanks needed... But I appreciate your kind words.

I first came on here to find out "why" citizens would OC and not CC.

To me... CC seemed like the proper thing to do and what "I" would rather do. I do not really want others to know I have a gun.

I quickly learned that some do not want to pay for a permit or cannot legally obtain one. OC is not prohibited by state code and most OCers want to be able to protect themselves and their families. IMO... A small fewlike to show off they have a gun due to immaturity.

I now completely understand why and support you 100%. Many other LEOs have the wrong idea and believe those who OC are "gun nuts", "wackos", and are"Law Suit shopping"when this is not accurate.

But the LEOcan get this idea if the contact is such that the OCer acts like an ass spouting off rights to carry to the extreme. A LEO will remember someone that acts like a jerk and tell other LEOs. One bad apple will poison the mind of so many. Same goes for bad LEO contact with a citizen.

Mr. Y

Super Secret Squirrel Bunker, Virginia, USA
imported post

Let's just say that my good friend Mr. Clean was in 'high contrast' with light colored clothing and a subdued color semi auto.I am postive at least oneAPD "made" me since we spoke and were at point blank range.

Lots of outdoor dining in OT guys and it's been a while since we had an outing nearby... <hint>

LEO 229

imported post

'Aight....

Sounds like someone was too busy with traffic to mess with you or they got the word.