• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Galco SOB for 1911

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

I think DeSantis makes what you want. I was looking at one of them for a Commander-size 1911.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
http://www.shootersmart.com/site/?do=display&pid=GALSOB424

Does the 3in work for a 4" 1911?  I don't want the 5" because of the extra material, but they don't make it in a 4".  Go figure, I'm always stuck with middle child syndrome.

I think the SOB is only available for 3 1/2" and the closed end precludes longer barrels.

Unless you just gotta have an SOB carry, you might try looking for Galco "Concealable Belt holster" model number "CON266B" (right hand) or "CON267B" (left hand). It is a Black leather belt slide for the 4.25" Para Ordinance. I suspect your barrel is actually a 4.25 and this holster should fit the 1911 like a glove, with about 1/8" extra leather below the muzzle. The Para and the 1911 are identical except for the grip, so they share holster designs.

There was an older model that was the same except in Brown number "CON218H". I could not find the link for it, but if you call and ask them I an certain they still make it if yo u need brown.

I OC this holster a lot, and it can be a CC just by wearing a cover garment.

Regards

.40 Cal

State Researcher
imported post

Can I find something as good for a little less? $100 for a holster vs 120 for hard chroming is a tough decision to make, but the psychological barrier can be overcaome for $20 to $30 less.