• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

talked to an attorney today

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Ground Chuk wrote:
I don't ever see myself OC'ing. Why? Personal Freedom. And by that I mean how I look.

I have long hair, tattoos, most occassions wearing thick leather motorcycle pants and some band t-shirt.

Some say "Just be presentable, nice clothes, and you will be fine." I'm not going to be "just another robot on the street". I am me. So I dress the way I want. I at least can be Free in that aspect. The aspect of me.

People say "Well, what's the problem of looking 'respectable'?" Well, look at the murderers around....they look RESPECTABLE, so why hasn't anyone said anything about that??

I have my CHL, and of course people are "astounded". "They let you have one?" I'm not a criminal, you just perceive me as one by what you expect a criminal to be.

Joe crew cut with hisnice pants and shirtnext door will probably cut your head off for $5.00, yet you better keep an eye on me.

That's why I won't carry OC.

I don't think the clothing/tattoos/earrings/hair/etc. should matter for RKBA, including OC.

I still can't understand the general buying in by OCadvocatesof some kind of suggested dress code while OCing.

Obviously, it's pragmatic. I get that part. General and specific publics do judge many things on appearance. Also, LEOs.

But the suggested OC dress code is the only constraint/regulation/acceding to the public's sensibilitiesthat I can think of that the usually rabid OC advocates will actually accept without a knock down drag out fight.

I wish I could figure out how that happened.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Ground Chuk wrote:
I don't ever see myself OC'ing. Why? Personal Freedom. And by that I mean how I look.

I have long hair, tattoos, most occassions wearing thick leather motorcycle pants and some band t-shirt.

Some say "Just be presentable, nice clothes, and you will be fine." I'm not going to be "just another robot on the street". I am me. So I dress the way I want. I at least can be Free in that aspect. The aspect of me.

People say "Well, what's the problem of looking 'respectable'?" Well, look at the murderers around....they look RESPECTABLE, so why hasn't anyone said anything about that??

I have my CHL, and of course people are "astounded". "They let you have one?" I'm not a criminal, you just perceive me as one by what you expect a criminal to be.

Joe crew cut with hisnice pants and shirtnext door will probably cut your head off for $5.00, yet you better keep an eye on me.

That's why I won't carry OC.
Sounds pretty reasonable to me.