• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Businesses that Ban Guns

just_a_car

imported post

As has been suggested, I'm going to start our own WA "DO NOT PATRONIZE" Database and will keep it current. You post businesses (Name of business and location, be specific, as there may be more of that business in any one city/area) that you have seen with a "No Guns" sign on the front of the building or have shown you the written policy of no weapons allowed in the store. Having a manager tell you that they have this policy will put them on a "watch", but if they do verbally tell you, ask to see the written policy; once you see it in writing, they're on the BIG list.

You can either send me a PM with the info on the business or (preferedly) post a reply here. I will be listing/editing this list on an individual location basis, unless it is stated that the policy shown to the customer was a "corporate-wide" policy, as I don't want to alienate gun-friendly stores, just because they have the same name as another anti-gun store; some places are not franchised and make their own rules.

I will also add a Pro-Gun business list so we can take our money to those businesses that have specifically said it's okay or promote our carry. This does not mean "Hey, I went here and had no issues," it means that someone that works there (preferably a manager or supervisor) actually noticed the gun and said something positive about it. I figure I should keep this list as well, since as the saying goes "if you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem", so I'm going to make sure we have other places to frequent that offer the services the anti-gun businesses offer so we can take our money there.

As these lists will continuously change, the information will only be as good as is given to me, including whether the store is still anti-gun or has changed their policy. Also, the information will only be as current as the last edit (obviously), which will be found at the bottom of the original post. I am online almost Every Day, so if there are changes to be done, I will likely have them made within 24-48 hours.

DO NOT PATRONIZE:

Jared Galleria of Jewlery (2501 South 38th Street, #C100) - Tacoma
Pacific Place of Seattle (6th Avenue & Pine Street) - Seattle
Tacoma Mall (4502 S Steele St., Ste. 1177) - Tacoma
Costco (corporate-wide policy, due to this thread)
Southcenter Mall {Westfield-owned Mall} (633 Southcenter Mall) - Tukwila (due to this thread)
Graybar Electric - Nation-wide (See below, Also confirmed via phone by me)
Half Price Books (15600 N. E. Eighth St., Suite F-2) - Bellevue (due to this thread)
Bob Bridge Toyota (150 SW 7th St.) - Renton (due to this thread)
Flaming Joes (11618 E. Sprague Ave.) - Spokane Valley (Page 4 of this thread)
B & I Public Market Place (8012 South Tacoma Way) - Tacoma (Page 5 of this thread)
Tri-State (1104 W Pullman Rd) - Moscow, ID (due to this thread on April 28, 2008)
IKEA (601 SW 41st St.) - Renton (due to this thread and this thread)
Old Country Buffet (corporate-wide policy, Page 7 of this thread)
Capital Mall {Westfield-owned Mall} (625 Black Lake Blvd.) - Olympia (due to this thread)
Olive Garden (Corporate-wide policy, due to this thread)
Kitsap Mall (10315 Silverdale Way NW) - Silverdale (Macerich Corporate-wide policy, due to this thread)
Redmond Town Center (16495 NE 74th St) - Redmond (Macerich Corporate-wide policy, due to this thread)
Cascade Mall (201 Cascade Mall Drive) - Burlington (Macerich Corporate-wide policy, due to this thread)
Northtown Mall (4750 North Division) - Spokane (due to this thread)
Haggen (1815 Main St) - Ferndale (Page 15 of this thread)
Sharp Shooting (N. 1200 Freya) - Spokane (Pages 5 & 6 of this thread, this thread, & this thread)
Bellis Fair Mall (One Bellis Fair Parkway) - Bellingham (Page 23 of this thread)
Charter Communications (145 Easy St) - Wenatchee (Page 26 of this thread)

Watch List
(Asked to not carry, but no official written policy/signage presented):

Skipper's - Mount Vernon (due to this thread)
Best Buy (457 120th Ave NE) - Bellevue (due to this thread)
Value Village (1124 River Rd) - Puyallup (due to this thread)
Hooters (16208 E. Indiana Ave) - Spokane (page 3 of this thread and this thread)
Alderwood 16 (18733 33rd Avenue West) - Lynnwood (Page 7 of this thread)
Lowe's (2002 132nd Street S.E.) - Mill Creek (due to this thread)
Lowe's (3100 196th S.W.) - Lynnwood (due to Page 2 of this thread)
Ranier Pac Bank (4949 Borgen Blvd NW Suite 101) - Gig Harbor (Page 11 of this thread on Aug 28)
Secoma Lanes (34500 Pacific Hwy S) - Federal Way (due to this thread)
Safeway (520 Cleveland Ave. SE) - Olympia (due to this thread)

PRO-GUN BUSINESSES:

Subway (6509 132nd Ave NE) - Kirkland (due to this thread)
Schucks (7201 W Clearwater Ave) - Kennewick (due to this thread)
Double Eagle (607 S Oakes St) - Tacoma (due to this thread)
Edge of the Circle Books (701 E. Pike st) - Seattle (see comment below)
Claim Jumpers (5901 S 180th St) - Tukwila (Great OCDO 8/19/07 lunch experience)
Sam's Gun Shop & Range (11714 Airport Road {aka 128 St}) - Everett (due to this thread)
JavaFlow Coffee (207 Washington St NE) - Olympia (due to this thread)
Mail Masters (8103 Steilacoom Blvd SW) - Lakewood (page 4 below, owned by an OCDO member)
Sonic Drive-In (1313 N Ruby St) - Spokane (due to this thread)
Hardware Sales (2034 James St.) - Bellingham (due to this thread)
Denny's Restaurant (301 E Wallace Kneeland Blvd Ste 105) - Shelton (Page 5 of this thread)
Walmart (310 31st Ave SE) - Puyallup (Page 5 of this thread)
Shari's (15252 Aurora Avenue, N.) - Shoreline (Personally cleared it with the General Manager)
Shari's (12207 NE 116th) - Kirkland (Personally cleared it with the Night Manager, Mike - He used to work at Shoreline and was the guy I went through to get it cleared there)
Beth's Cafe (7311 Aurora Ave N.)- Seattle (Due to this thread)
Quizno's (255 E Main St) - Pullman (Page 6 of this thread and this thread on April 27, 2008)
Sure Shot (1016 W Pullman Rd) - Moscow, ID (Page 6 of this thread on April 28, 2008)
DelBrocco's Pizza, Steak & Hoagie (3908 6th Ave) - Tacoma (Page 7 of this thread)
Sportsman's Warehouse (Corporate-wide Policy to be "in-line" with state law) - (Due to this thread, this thread and this thread)
Wally's Diner (2106 Harrison Ave) - Olympia (due to this thread)
Denny's Restaurant (1616 Black Lake Blvd SW) - Olympia (due to this thread)
24 Hour Fitness (529 Parkplace Ctr) - Kirkland (due to this thread)
Lowe's (Corporate-wide Policy to be "in-line" with state law) - (Page 11 of this thread and this policy) {NOTE: The above two Lowe's on the Watch list will stay there until I've heard that the managers have been told they were in the wrong}
Jimmy Mac's Roadhouse (34902 Pacific Hwy S) - Federal Way (Page 11 of this thread)
Tacoma Dodge (4101 S Tacoma Way) - Tacoma (due to this thread)
Granite Falls Hardware (108 S Granite Ave) - Granite Falls (due to this thread)
Cascade Arms {formerly Larry's Guns} (3959 Martin Way East) - Olympia (due to this thread and this thread)
Kesselring Gun Shop (4024 Old Highway 99 North Rd) - Burlington (bottom of Page 23 of this thread)
Dino's Greek & Italian Cuisine (17642 1st Ave S) - Burien (due to this thread)
Safeway (21401 Pacific Hwy S) - Des Moines (due to this thread)
Starbucks (21401 Pacific Hwy S) - Des Moines (due to this thread)
Savage Color (3614 2nd Ave NW) - Seattle (Printed up pamphlets, owner PM'd me)
Barnes & Noble (Corporate-wide policy) - (due to letter in this thread on April 3rd)
Home Depot (Corporate-wide policy) - (due to this policy)
Toys 'R' Us (Corporate-wide policy) - (due to this policy)

The above lists are only as current as the last edit, found below:

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

I would suggest a letter to businesses that post and make your case for legal carry and see if you get a reasoned response. At least that would give them an opportunity to rethink why they took such an uninformed decision. The impact will be much greater as the OC numbers grow. I would hope it will not take a mall massacre to see ones error.

Mainsail

imported post

I was not allowed to enter Jared Jewelery in Tacoma. The armed guard pointed to the huge sign they have posted (that I missed) by the door.

They don't want customers.

lockman

State Researcher
imported post

If you were intent on robbing the place, you would have to conceal before entering. I wonder what the guard would say after you were in and presented your contraband. I am sure he would point to the sign and request you leave!:D
Welome to the "logic free zone"

Mainsail wrote:

I was not allowed to enter Jared Jewelery in Tacoma. The armed guard pointed to the huge sign they have posted (that I missed) by the door.

They don't want customers.

swift

imported post

Thanks for sharing that URL. It threw me off for a second because I almost thought it was washingtonceasefire.org & it contradicted everything those gun grabbers believe in. That was a great idea for them to use the same url with .net - hopefully it will allow for the education of some folks who would otherwise be lured in by their anti-gun tactics if they accidently type .net instead of .org. Has some great video clips on there too - I love the gun-free zone spoof. :)

44Brent wrote:

George Washington

imported post

One or more people were kind enough to submit information to the resource directory at WashingtonCeasefire.NET

A little background on the domain name: I had originally used WashingtonCeasefire.COM as the domain name, but lost the domain name in a dispute. Washington Ceasefire paid at least $1,300 (arbitration filing fee), and possible up to $5,000 for hiring a lawyer. I plan to continue using domain names that will encourage the organization to blow away huge amounts of money in domain name disputes.

To those of you who submitted names of organizations for the resource directory, "thank you". Please keep on submitting more information for the resource directory!

swift

imported post

George Washington wrote:
One or more people were kind enough to submit information to the resource directory at WashingtonCeasefire.NET
<snip>
To those of you who submitted names of organizations for the resource directory, "thank you". Please keep on submitting more information for the resource directory!
Glad to help out. You have a great site - keep up the great work! I think it's rather sad that they won that dispute - why do we have .com & .org if they are not supposed to be different. If you snooze, you should loose. Also, their org should be re-named to "banallguns.org rather than ceasefire.org as it is better fitting of their goal. :)

kparker

imported post

Sorry, folks, the use of a similar-sounding domain name is not nearly as straightforward as George (or any of the rest of you) make out.

I actually think G. had a pretty good case considering that that other organization had neither incorporated under the name Cease Fire Washington, nor registered it as a trade name. Alas (and perhaps unfairly) the decision went the other way. As a general rule, however, ICANN's rules are pretty closely based on physical-world precendents and at least in concept should be pretty fair and understandable to anyone coming from a common-law background.

It's especially worth noting that, regardless of whether the case was ruled fairly nor not, George is quite welcome to register domain names along the lines of CeaseFireWashingtonSucks.com, i.e. that make it exlicit he's criticizing that organization.

I should also add that, though I wouldn't advise having a plan to cost an opponent a lot of money via domain-name disputes, if I did I certainly wouldn't go talking about it in a public forum.

just_a_car

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Edge of a Circle Books in Seattle had no issue with my open carry. In fact, he agreed with it.

http://www.edgeofthecircle.com/

I do recommend that only people who are of positive interest in Paganism and the Occult go there in general, and especially open carrying.
Added, thanks Lonnie.

By they way, those that see me add a store to either list, please let them know they are on the list here, for good or bad. We want them to know that their approval or disapproval of firearms is affecting their income!

phoneguy

imported post

Graybar electric all stores nation wide. That is why I will never go into there no gun zone. By putting up those signs they have no idea how they will lose business.

cut_cutta

imported post

Do not patrnoize Skipper's Chowder and Fish house. Not sure if it's a corporate policy, but they asked me to leave the restaurant because I was OCing. On top of their gun policy, the place is nasty and over priced. Ivars is far better, but not sure on their gun policy either!

just_a_car

imported post

phone guy wrote:
Graybar electric all stores nation wide. That is why I will never go into there no gun zone. By putting up those signs they have no idea how they will lose business.
Do they all have the "No Guns" signs? Including the 4 or 5 stores listed on their website in WA state?

phoneguy

imported post

The Seattle, Tacoma, there warehouse in Kent and Everett. They basically made a very dangerous work place for many of there employees. I have known a lot of them for many years.
They have no idea what those signs mean to them. I know the Everett store is in a bad area. Transient men's shelter around the corner. Id like to get a lot of electricians to boycott this company.

phoneguy

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
I will give the Everett store a call tomorrow to be 100% sure they still have the sign up. For now, they're on the watch list.
you don't need to the sign is there. I go by there almost every day. I talked to the head man at the main Seattle store and I explain the nonsense of the signs. He said he will call the main office in the mid west. I then called back a few days later and the corp. main office says the signs stay.