• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Washington Businesses that Ban Guns

just_a_car

imported post

Graybar Electric is now on the Do Not Patronize list. I called the Everett store today around noon and spoke with a gentleman, asking him if they had a no weapons sign at their entrance, because I was wondering if bringing in my work knife would be a problem, he said that yes they did, but they don't go and search anyone and made reference to "well, I guess that depends on if you consider it a weapon. *chuckle*". He was very cordial and friendly, as was I, but they do indeed have a No Weapons sign at their entrance.

Never once did I use the word "gun" or "firearm". There really was no need to and I got a much more pleasant conversation with the gentleman... and yet, still got the answer I was looking for; not that he had any idea of the fact. :cool:

phoneguy

imported post

It's funny you said work knife. They have an oil stone at the front counter so the electrician's can sharpen there work knife. The stone is put there as a courtesy. I have used it on a few occasions. I am happy you did not bring up the subject of fire arms. That will creep people out.

just_a_car

imported post

What do people think about having this thread sticky'd at the top of the Washington forum? I had to go to the second page to find it so that I could update the list with Gregma's Bellevue Best Buy report.

gregma

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
What do people think about having this thread sticky'd at the top of the Washington forum? I had to go to the second page to find it so that I could update the list with Gregma's Bellevue Best Buy report.
I think that's a GREAT idea! Another one would be to put up a dedicated web site. I have the web server all ready setup. I can easily put up a site for us.

just_a_car

imported post

Just added Claim Jumpers in Tukwila. We had a great lunch there and the manager was very friendly.

The food is indeed pricey, but you get portions that match the prices... you should have heard metricinch talking about his food-baby triplets that he was going to have. *chuckle* ...I may have to make that audio available for those that weren't there. *evil grin*

There's no way they could ban firearms from that place, they have a single-shot shotgun hanging on the wall in the area we were seated!!! Talk about pro-gun!

just_a_car

imported post

Lonnie Wilson wrote:
Bar and Grill?

I know that the Redondo Bar and Grill is posted, but the entire thing is 21 and over due to the food/alcohol sales ratio.
Ah, if it's a "Washington Liquor Control Board-posted: NO MINORS", then it's a moot point.

gregma

imported post

just_a_car wrote:
Just added Claim Jumpers in Tukwila. We had a great lunch there and the manager was very friendly.
Hopefully you didn't add it to the "Washington Businesses that Ban Guns" which this thread is all about ;)

Do you think it would be appropriate to write a letter to the manager thanking him for his hospitality?

metricinch

imported post

gregma, I was planning on doing just that. I was pretty happy with the service and the attitude. Even the assistant general manager was cool about it; he just wasn't sure and so bowed to his district manager, who apparently set him straight. all in all a good experience in my book.

-Kevin

just_a_car

imported post

gregma wrote:
just_a_car wrote:
Hopefully you didn't add it to the "Washington Businesses that Ban Guns" which this thread is all about ;)

Do you think it would be appropriate to write a letter to the manager thanking him for his hospitality?
Added it to the Pro-Gun Business list. ;)

Indeed I would think a letter would be more than appropriate.

larz

imported post

The food and service were very good in my opinion there. Hopefully next time I'll actually talk more, I said that last time too ;)

Oh yea Metricinch, o-r-g lol.

just_a_car

imported post

Man, when I started this list, a Gun Shop was the last business I expected to be placed on this list... Jeez.

By the way, Drewesque, you may want to send ol' Larry a letter of your displeasure and include the URL to this list to show him that he's not only lost one regular customer, but anyone of this forum that decides to go down that way.

Drewesque

imported post

[align=left]I will send him a letter pointing him to the list, but I doubt it will sway him at all. I'm actually fairly certain that he owns a gun shop just to own it, rather than for the financial benefit. He likes to be the guy in charge there.

That said, it would be nice if we could convince him to change his mind. I'd love to see ALL gun shops allow OC, as one would expect.
[/align]

just_a_car

imported post

Drew, if he does come around, please let us/me know so that he can be removed from the list. It certainly doesn't please me to have a gun shop on the list, but until such time as he's a little more tolerant of those that are legally carrying a firearm, he'll be on the list.

just_a_car

imported post

Half Price Books in Crossroads, Bellevue has been added. I'm not sure if it's corporate-wide, but I intend on taking a look at my local one in Lynnwood.

just_a_car

imported post

norahc wrote:
FYI, the Moses Lake Convention Center is posted with a "Gun Buster" sign and reference to 9.41.270 located about knee height behind a bush.
This is almost a given, due to the allowance of 9.41.300 for cities, towns and municipalities to enact laws to restrict firearms in stadiums and convention centers with the exception that those with a valid CPL under 9.41.070 are exempt from any such laws.