Thread: black powder pistols

Post imported post

I'm just curious about what the laws are about black powder pistols. What differences are there relating to posession and carrying or using black powder pistols versus modern handguns. Also, can a person be charged with the same handgun laws if he has commited a crime with a black powder pistol? I mean robbery of a store or bank.

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

festus wrote:
    Also, can a person be charged with the same handgun laws if he has commited a crime with a black powder pistol? I mean robbery of a store or bank.
    Robbery was illegal even in the days when stores and banks were being robbed with black powder pistols.

So which store or bank were you thinking of robbing?

Which black powder pistol were you thinking of using? Flintlock? Cap and ball? Black powder cartridge?

The old 18(03?) Charleville .69 cal. would be pretty intimidating. Imagine a store owner pulling one of those on you when you attempted a robbery.
    I'll make you an offer: I will argue and fight for all of your rights, if you will do the same for me. That is the only way freedom can work. We have to respect all rights, all the time--and strive to win the rights of the other guy as much as for ourselves.

If I am equal to another, how can I legitimately govern him without his express individual consent?

There is no human being on earth I hate so much I would actually vote to inflict government upon him.

State Researcher

Post imported post

festus wrote:
    I'm just curious about what the laws are about black powder pistols. What differences are there relating to posession and carrying or using black powder pistols versus modern handguns. Also, can a person be charged with the same handgun laws if he has commited a crime with a black powder pistol? I mean robbery of a store or bank.
    Of course, a pistol is a pistol, antique or not.

However quite a few states have more laxed laws pertaining to antique firearms--I tried finding one in MO, but I came up with nothing, still searching.

Post imported post

1. Definitions

2. We have no registration of pistols in MO. If your's isn't stolen, the law will consider it yours because you have possession of it.

3. To answer your two questions. None and Yes.

Now, are you in Festus or Park Hills?

Festus -OC OK

Park Hills-OC prohibited

Leadington-OC OK

Bonne Terre-OC OK

Farmington-OC prohibited.

Hope this info helps.