• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

udf sign allows open carry???

kblazk

imported post

I asked the manager about the sign and he said that if they see someone concealed carry that they will call the police and have them arrested. I then asked him about carry'ing unconcealed to comply with the sign and he said they will still call the police and report it as suspicious

Attachments

• Jul18_0001.jpg
    Jul18_0001.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 1,448

reefteach

imported post

1. That is not the UDF gunbuster sign I am familiar with.
2. In the Ohio gun community, UDF is a well astablished CPZ
3. The sign does not appear to be in compliance with ORC 2923.1212
4. The spirit of the sign is that they only want criminals armed.

'Just stop going to UDF. I would love to see you open carry and be charged with trespassing because you would win, (the sign is non-compliant with the law).

Ground Chuk

imported post

From what I understand, a private business can place any kind of sign to prohibit, even if they have a four year old spell out "No Guns Allowed" with a crayon, it is legal, and must be followed.

toadguy

imported post

I doudt that "no firearms" would be enforced if a police officer walking in the store . If the sign is only enforced against some people and not others is wrong . I work at gas station and I would never treat people different . I have chagred police officer and firemen for their coffee . Other employees can taking that they should not be charged . my reply is only the same " you ring them up then . wait I am running cashier and you are not ." I also make the comment " that is not our coffee to give away but the store's coffee that is make for sale ."

Yea yea I am evil jerk for treating people the same reguardless of thier job