Thread: Unsung hero of the Virginia Tech Attacks

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

This is from the OP-ED page of the Potomac News in Prince William County today.

Letter to the Editor

I wonder why this young man has been ignored in the reporting.

Regards

On another note, there is a move to give state funds to the family of the shooter to compensate for the failure of the university and the state to take steps in a timely fashion to prevent Cho from committing this atrocity. The current thinking from the state is to provide this compensation from the funds set aside to compensate the families of the victims.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Thanks, Hawkflyer. I wish we could know more about what happened, but I like to hear things like this. Encouraging for this human race.

And thank you, Mr. La Porte. That's service before self.

Post imported post

It's a shame that I've not heard about this until now. That is a true hero, willing to sacrifice his own safety for others.

Post imported post

Makes me proud to be a AF ROTC cadet.

Post imported post

Brave men.

On another note, there is a move to give state funds to the family of the shooter to compensate for the failure of the university and the state to take steps in a timely fashion to prevent Cho from committing this atrocity. The current thinking from the state is to provide this compensation from the funds set aside to compensate the families of the victims.

You’ve gotta be kidding me! Actually that our mixed up government giving compensation designated to the families of victims to the murderer's family isn't as surprising as it is sad.

Post imported post

ijusam wrote:
    Brave men.

You’ve gotta be kidding me! Actually that our mixed up government giving compensation designated to the families of victims to the murderer's family isn't as surprising as it is sad.
    Don't you realize that Cho was a victim of gun violence too? He is probably even a federal statistic in the victim category!

Founder's Club Member Hawkflyer's Avatar

Post imported post

That is what the print article said. I would supply a link to it if I could find it on line, but there in not enough Duct tape in the state for all of you to read it.

The basic premise is exactly as CATO has stated it. Cho was also a "victim" of the VT incident. While I do not really think people should blame his family for his actions, I also do not believe they are entitled to compensation under the guise of Cho being a "victim". This is just more PC crap.

Regards
    "Research has shown that a 230 grain lead pellet placed just behind the ear at 850 FPS results in a permanent cure for violent criminal behavior."
    "If you are not getting Flak, you are not over the target"
    "186,000 Miles per second! ... Not just a good idea ... It's the law!"

Post imported post

Hawkflyer wrote:
    While I do not really think people should blame his family for his actions, I also do not believe they are entitled to compensation under the guise of Cho being a "victim". This is just more PC crap.

Regards
    I blame his family and our culture (the former a little, the latter even less so). I'm not sure for what exactly but the cooks are in some way responsible for their creation. Cho was an adult and his actions can in no way be excused by the actions or non action of those closest to him (including his fellow students), but we are not always civil with each other, we don't always reach out in a friendly way to each other. I don't know if Cho was ostracized as a teenager forcing him into a shell or if his parents culture of hermitism contributed. It doesn't matter. We should all try to treat each other better generally and prepare for the worst specifically with your favorite personal defense devise (PDD) on your hip.

Edit: To put this back on topic. May God rest the soul of the brave young man whos selfless actions are an example tous all! From tragedy comes heroism.