• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

EAA revolvers

SFDoc

imported post

Does anyone know anything about the EAA revolvers (never heard of EAA). My better halfgave me one for my birthday. She knew I was wanting a 6 shot snub nose and got me one in .357 mag. I haven't tried it out yet.

SFDoc

imported post

LoveMyCountry wrote:
As far as I can tell, they are a good gun. Not top of the line, but not trash either. The important thing is that you now have a reason to buy her a gun. :D

LoveMyCountry

P.S. Their site is at http://eaacorp.com/index.html
Thanks for the reply. Irecently got her a Henry Golden Boy Deluxe Engraved. It's great to have a pro-2A wife.

Hawkflyer

Founder's Club Member
imported post

EAA is just the importer. Most of their products are made by Tanfoglio of Italy. Generally they are well made gus, but they are less expensive. Based on my experiance with them, they are a very good deal for the quality you get for your money.

Regards

UTOC-45-44

imported post

SFDoc wrote:
LoveMyCountry wrote:
As far as I can tell, they are a good gun. Not top of the line, but not trash either. The important thing is that you now have a reason to buy her a gun. :D

LoveMyCountry

Thanks for the reply. Irecently got her a Henry Golden Boy Deluxe Engraved. It's great to have a pro-2A wife.

WOW...

They run about $1000+:what:

http://www.henryrepeating.com/h006dd_bigboyengraved.cfm

h006dd_bigboyengraved_lg.jpg

I could only afford a regular 44Mag Henry:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

DrMark

Lone Star Veteran
imported post

SFDoc wrote:
Does anyone know anything about the EAA revolvers (never heard of EAA). My better halfgave me one for my birthday. She knew I was wanting a 6 shot snub nose and got me one in .357 mag. I haven't tried it out yet.

http://www.eaacorp.com/handguns-witness-revolvers-windicator-description.html

"Weihrauch"... these revolvers appear to be German-made. I don't know anything about them.

http://www.weihrauch-sport.de/englisch/e_startseite/e_index.htm

Hawkflyer mentioned Tanfoglio of Italy. They make EAA's "Witness" line of CZ-75 pattern pistols. I've had one for 13 or 14 years and it's a decent gun.

Enjoy your new revolver!

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

SFDoc,

In the photo on EEA's website, it looks like you have a decent rear sight. Does the weapon really have a nice rear sight?

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
I have a 44Mag Ruger Vaquero 5'5 ( old style ) that I enjoy
I have a Ruger Old Army .44 thatprovides a convenient smoke screen for concealment in case your marksmanship is worse than one-minute-of-bad-guy. :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Citizen wrote:
SFDoc,

In the photo on EEA's website, it looks like you have a decent rear sight. Does the weapon really have a nice rear sight?
Good thing you asked if the WEAPON have a nice rear sight:lol:

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
SFDoc,

:D:D Didn't notice! Glad I didn't ask if it was just a narrow notch. :)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Citizen wrote:
UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
SFDoc,

:D:D Didn't notice! Glad I didn't ask if it was just a narrow notch. :)
Either way, Us guys ALWAYS like a nice rear sight:lol::lol:

SFDoc

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
SFDoc wrote:
LoveMyCountry wrote:

LoveMyCountry

WOW...

They run about $1000+:what:

http://www.henryrepeating.com/h006dd_bigboyengraved.cfm

h006dd_bigboyengraved_lg.jpg

I could only afford a regular 44Mag Henry:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:
I should have said that her's is the .22 Long Rifle. She's not into the larger calibers, give her a box (or case) of .22s and she is a happy camper

SFDoc

imported post

UTOC-45-44 wrote:
Citizen wrote:
SFDoc,

I saw that too, I’m not like citizen and LEO so no one will know what my rear sight looks like. As far as the one on the pistol, I tried it out last night and it works great for me. The only thing I did was to paint the sights (of the pistol) with blaze orange paint. On a B-27 target at 15 yards, with .38 125 gr. +P I was able to put all 6 in the X ring in about 8 sec., with .357 158 gr (as fast as I could fire and aim) all 6 in the 9, 10 and X rings. For a snub nose it is on the heavy side, but like the 1911’s it will make a good club if I run out of ammo. For an inexpensive pistol, I’m impressed with it.

SFDoc

imported post

Citizen wrote:
I'm not sure whether to congratulate you on the nice revolver, or take offense at the insult. :)

No insultor offense intended. The remark reminded me of some of the past posts that went on between you and LEO:D