Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Women N Black Riffles on MS NBC

Post imported post

I liked it anyway http://video.msn.com/v/us/msnbc.htm?...0&fg=email Women and "Black Riffles"

Post imported post

Other then the typical BS of calling a semi-autiAR an "assault weapon", I generally liked it. They did pick a great woman to represent our side!

Post imported post

cato wrote:
    Other then the typical BS of calling a semi-autiAR an "assault weapon", I generally liked it. They did pick a great woman to represent our side!
    Excellent and even-handed piece. I was kind of shocked. It might even be evaluated as a pro-EBR piece because of the Ferns woman's persuasiveness as a role model and the lack of incendiary language and conclusions in the reporting.

Very well done.

I'll bet the Brady Campaign is not pleased this morning...

Also, the introducing announcer did not call it an "assault weapon." Theterm he did useseems to have been a carefully chosen one. And it waspretty reasonable use of language in referring to the rifle.With one exception by the reporter (and that was understandable, given the reference to the 1994 law), the references to the rifle were proper and unbiased.

There was nothing wrong with thelanguage usedin the piece that I could discern.

We should alll drop NBC News a line thanking them for a (surprise) well done video report on these kinds of rifles and the relevant issues. It was both very well done and fair to gun/rights advocates.

I did notice the continuity error in one of thefiring scenes. Kind of odd they stuck that in there. Easy to spot the difference. I guess the filmeditor figured nobody would notice...

Post imported post

Why do they assume that a pistol makes the weapon more dealy due to the idea that it can be shot from the hip? I would much rather see an attacker aiming at me from that angle than drawing to a shoulder firing position where he could actually aim the damn thing. An AR 15 aimed from the hip would probably do little more than give me time to slowly bring my firearm to a presentation stance, with enough time to empty the magazine before even being grazed.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    Why do they assume that a pistol makes the weapon more dealy due to the idea that it can be shot from the hip?
    Who is "they?"

Post imported post

Sorry, I didn't mean to be vague. They refers to the producers/ writersof the piece, along with any idiot that thinks a pistol grip makes any firearm more dangerous.

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    .40 Cal wrote:
    Why do they assume that a pistol makes the weapon more dealy due to the idea that it can be shot from the hip?
    Who is "they?"

.40 Cal wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be vague. They refers to the producers/ writersof the piece...
    They did not "assume that a pistol makes the weapon more dealy due to the idea that it can be shot from the hip"

Furthermore, they did not say that.

Maybe, take another look at the video and see if you change your view.

Post imported post

Maybe I am just paranoid, but it seems to me this is the way to start another push to get "assault" weapons banned once again. It all starts with an "unbiased" source asking an "innocent" question, or trying to encourage a "debate", or trying to answer "America's" question on something that a majority of Americans don't have any questions about. It then turns into, "Through our research and polls, we have found that many Americans are concerned about the safety of ordinary people possessing such dangerous weapons. Why would you need a gun like this unless you are a cop killer?" Finally the media will show their true colors and mount an all out fight against gun owners once again.

Am I crazy, or is this really the way it will probably happen? (Please tell me I'm crazy, because I really hate this scenario) :X

Post imported post

You're crazy.

I don't see the gun laws changing any time soon, despite this perennial blather about "assault weapons."

-ljp

Post imported post

Thank you!

Post imported post

I don't even really get how "assault weapons" have been so demonized. They were designed to be weaker cousins of proper rifles, which have never been banned. Give me a .30-cal bolt job any day, and nobody with an AK will get within 500 yards of me.

Misunderstanding the "problem" is the trademark of a toad whose "solution" won't work.

-ljp

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    .40 Cal wrote:
    Who is "they?"

.40 Cal wrote:
    Sorry, I didn't mean to be vague. They refers to the producers/ writersof the piece...
    They did not "assume that a pistol makes the weapon more dealy due to the idea that it can be shot from the hip"

They certainly did. In the portion where she was describing the objectionable "evil features," the lead reporter stated the pistol grip makes the weapon easier to shoot from the hip. (She then complained about the "high capacity magazine.")

While the word "grip" was omitted from .40 Cal's post, it was pretty clear which portion of the report he was referring to.

That being said, I thought the piece was actually positive overall, and the pro-gun advocate certainly came across much more reasonably than the screed from VPC. I'll have to count, but I think the term "black rifles" was used more often than the term "assault weapon." IMHO, the more often they're referred to as "black rifles," the more socialized they become.

Post imported post

I like how the title of the video storyreads "Should U.S. civilianscarry M-16 rifles?"

Post imported post

I've actually been starting to watch MSNBC over Faux news and KNN....

It's still pretty hokey, but there is one anchor that actually asks provocative and logical questions from his guests. I can't remember his name unfortunately

Post imported post

HankT wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    .40 Cal wrote:
    Who is "they?"

.40 Cal wrote:

Lisa Meyers at 1:35.

Post imported post

.40 Cal wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    HankT wrote:
    .40 Cal wrote:
    Who is "they?"

.40 Cal wrote:

Lisa Meyers at 1:35.
    What do you think she said, .40cal?

In the meantime, I'll be watching this other video that YouTube prompted me with: a shooting display of an AR-15 conversion to M-16. Pretty, um, neat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?search=...;v=OJBgZHcSa6A

Post imported post

In the meantime, I'll be watching this other video that YouTube prompted me with: a shooting display of an AR-15 conversion to M-16. Pretty, um, neat.

Wow. Looks like she's having a hard time keeping her footing with those shoes.

So, what's it like to shoot in heals HankT?

hehe j/k :P
    "...our media are palace eunuchs gazing avidly at the harem of power and stroking their impotent pens in time to the rape of our liberties."
    -Sarah Hoyt

"America is at that awkward stage; it's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards."
    -Claire Wolfe

Post imported post

nakedshoplifter wrote:
    I like how the title of the video storyreads "Should U.S. civilianscarry M-16 rifles?"
    Yeah, that's bogus. I just noticed that (I had watched the YouTube version earlier). That's an msnbc or msn.com error. A bad one too.

Did that legend appear on the NBC broadcast?

Post imported post

T-RaV wrote:

Wow. Looks like she's having a hard time keeping her footing with those shoes.

So, what's it like to shoot in heals HankT?

hehe j/k :P
    I dunno T-RaV. I usually doit, um, elsewhere...

Post imported post

Actually, the title would be better as "Should U.S. civilianscarry M-16 rifles like Israeli citizens do?"

Founder's Club Member

Post imported post

I think the MSNBC video was fairly well done. I wish the lady hadn't appeared so "gung ho" though. She reminded me of the Sensei with the american flag pants in the movie Napolean Dynamite.

Alexandria, Fairfax County, Virginia, USA

Post imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
    I think the MSNBC video was fairly well done. I wish the lady hadn't appeared so "gung ho" though. She reminded me of the Sensei with the american flag pants in the movie Napolean Dynamite.
    I, on the other hand, thought she was great, and she didn't seem overly "gung ho" to me. I particularly liked her point that she shouldn't be penalized for a few "wackos" using the weapons "illegally"

And I really don't think it hurt that she looked more like she was set out to go golfing (the outfit). And I took great pleasure in the pink hat, but that's just me looking for symbolism <grin>.
    Laws alone can not secure freedom of expression; in order that every man present his views without penalty there must be spirit of tolerance in the entire population. -Albert Einstein

Post imported post

So... are the DC snipers the only instance they can think of involving 'evil black rifles'?

I mean, how many people have really been murdered by AR15 variants? Also, what is the deal with the pistol grip. I find rifles without pistol grips to be easier to fire from the hip than ones with pistol grips. And, who would want to fire from the hip anyways except when just messing around plinking? Maybe we should tell all maniac shooters that shooting from the hip is best so they can't hit anybody....

Post imported post

Ok, I've got to say it...

"Why do they gotta be BLACK rifles?"
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I have a few pistols...and oddly enough, every one of them has a pistol grip. As God is my witness, I've never fired one of them from the hip. After seeing this video though, I now know that it's "easier" for me to shoot anything with a pistol grip from the hip. Okay, I know, it will look silly and I'll be mocked, but it's "easier"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast