• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Women N Black Riffles on MS NBC

Reverend73

Founder's Club Member
imported post

I think the MSNBC video was fairly well done. I wish the lady hadn't appeared so "gung ho" though. She reminded me of the Sensei with the american flag pants in the movie Napolean Dynamite.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
I think the MSNBC video was fairly well done. I wish the lady hadn't appeared so "gung ho" though. She reminded me of the Sensei with the american flag pants in the movie Napolean Dynamite.

I, on the other hand, thought she was great, and she didn't seem overly "gung ho" to me. I particularly liked her point that she shouldn't be penalized for a few "wackos" using the weapons "illegally"

And I really don't think it hurt that she looked more like she was set out to go golfing (the outfit). And I took great pleasure in the pink hat, but that's just me looking for symbolism <grin>.

kurtmax_0

imported post

So... are the DC snipers the only instance they can think of involving 'evil black rifles'?

I mean, how many people have really been murdered by AR15 variants? Also, what is the deal with the pistol grip. I find rifles without pistol grips to be easier to fire from the hip than ones with pistol grips. And, who would want to fire from the hip anyways except when just messing around plinking? Maybe we should tell all maniac shooters that shooting from the hip is best so they can't hit anybody....

echo6tango

imported post

I have a few pistols...and oddly enough, every one of them has a pistol grip. As God is my witness, I've never fired one of them from the hip. After seeing this video though, I now know that it's "easier" for me to shoot anything with a pistol grip from the hip. Okay, I know, it will look silly and I'll be mocked, but it's "easier"

IanB

imported post

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

Reverend73 wrote:
I think the MSNBC video was fairly well done. I wish the lady hadn't appeared so "gung ho" though.
Why, Reverend73, I do think your [male] chauvinism slip is showing....;)

Afraid of strong, successful,and confidentwomen, Rev????

She was articulate, positive, forceful and confident. She is a management consultant, accomplished professionally and speaks her mind in a clear andconcise manner. Effectively, too.

She is an EXCELLENT example of a responsible, law-abiding, pro-gun, pro-2A American citizen.

Plus the pink and black ensemble was way cool!

ETA:[male]

tarzan1888

imported post

HankT wrote:
Why, Reverend73, I do think your chauvinism slip is showing....;)

So you're a "strong, successful, and confident woman" are you HankT.

The definition of chauvinism is;

1. excessive or blind patriotism.

2. undue partiality or attachment to an idea or cause

It was coined in response to Nicholas Chauvin's excessive patriotism and devotion toNapoleon.

I don't see any blind patriotism in Reverend73's statement, BUT I do see some inyour's.

In the 1960's and 1970's, women who wereblindly patriotic to the female cause, and thus female chauvinists, would call any man who did not agree with them a "male chauvinist"

The only people I know who automatically think "male chauvinist" when they hear, see, or use the term chauvinist, are , in fact "female chauvinist's" and are themselves very female.

So again I ask you HankT, are you a"strong, successful, and confident woman".:shock:

cato

imported post

The North Hollywood Bank of America robbers used full auto AK's and shot both from the hip and shoulder. 17 wounded I believe none killed. Full auto is highly ineffective except from a fixed or vehicle mounted firing position and discourages good aim. Plus all the ammo you gota carry.

I love my bolt actionand M1and wish I could keep it at work for that 50 yard + shooting need or ballistic armor covered suspects.

I could buy one of these and thumb my nose at the CA DOJ. No pistol grip, fore grip, flash hider, collapsible stock, thumb hole stock, or grenade/flare launcherso it's CA legal.:celebrate:cool:

Attachments

• c02.jpg
    c02.jpg
    116.6 KB · Views: 129

Kevin108

imported post

It always cracks me up when people who know nothing about guns but have memorized a Brady checklist cite "firing from the hip" as a feature of a weapon.

It works for Rambo, maybe I'm not seeing the big picture. :quirky

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

tarzan1888 wrote:
HankT wrote:
Why, Reverend73, I do think your chauvinism slip is showing....;)

So you're a "strong, successful, and confident woman" are you HankT.

In the 1960's and 1970's, women who wereblindly patriotic to the female cause, and thus female chauvinists, would call any man who did not agree with them a "male chauvinist"

The only people I know who automatically think "male chauvinist" when they hear, see, or use the term chauvinist, are , in fact "female chauvinist's" and are themselves very female.

So again I ask you HankT, are you a"strong, successful, and confident woman".:shock:

Thisabove is abit difficult to categorize as written. But I'll slot it into the Hasty Generalisation category:

Hasty Generalisation **

Explanation
A hasty generalisation draws a general rule from a single, perhaps atypical, case. It is the reverse of a sweeping generalisation.

Example
(1) My Christian / atheist neighbour is a real grouch.

Therefore:

(2) Christians / atheists are grouches.

This argument takes an individual case of a Christian or atheist, and draws a general rule from it, assuming that all Christians or atheists are like the neighbour.

The conclusion that it reaches hasn’t been demonstrated, because it may well be that the neighbour is not a typical Christian or atheist, and that the conclusion drawn is false.

Next example:

(1) My own experience is that people who automatically assert "male chauvinism" are women.

Therefore:

(2) HankT (who has asserted "male chavinism") is a woman.

Hmm, butyou've got me thinking, tarzan. Maybe in asserting that Reverend73 is revealing male chavinism in his above comment I should have utilised the longwatch and Hawkflyer school of logic (LHL):

longwatch wrote:

Word around the water cooler is that you are from that area ["NJ andNY"], I believe it since you do not assert otherwise.

Using LHL, I would have to believe that Reverend73 must be reflecting male chavinism in his prior comment, since he does "not assert otherwise."

Hey, if it works for longwatch, it'll work for me...:uhoh:

** http://www.logicalfallacies.info/hastygeneralisation.html

BTW, tarzan, I edited my prior post by changing "chauvinism" to "male chauvinism," which is what originallymeant, of course.

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
Reverend73 wrote:
I think the MSNBC video was fairly well done. I wish the lady hadn't appeared so "gung ho" though.
Why, Reverend73, I do think your [male] chauvinism slip is showing....;)

She was articulate, positive, forceful and confident. She is a management consultant, accomplished professionally and speaks her mind in a clear andconcise manner. Effectively, too.

She is an EXCELLENT example of a responsible, law-abiding, pro-gun, pro-2A American citizen.

Plus the pink and black ensemble was way cool!

ETA:[male]
The lady in the video was very attractive, she may have been sexier than the gun.

Slap it.:monkey

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

cato wrote:
attachment.php

I could buy one of these and thumb my nose at the CA DOJ. No pistol grip, fore grip, flash hider, collapsible stock, thumb hole stock, or grenade/flare launcherso it's CA legal
That's an interesting attachment to replace the pistol grip. What is it/who makes it? I can't imagine it would be as useful as a regular pistol grip but it looks like a good compromise for the CA folks.

As for the rest of the EBR evil features; vertical foregrip, grenade launcher slot , flash hider....that stuff ain't very important to the vast majority of civilians. I prefer the A2 stock very much to a CS, anyway.

Tomahawk

IanB

imported post

Oh, c'mon. Kansas City to Quebec's Victor Delta area can be calculated with either a slide rule or google maps. In any case, a "technician" should be able to figure it out.

dit dah dit dah dit

73's DE NSL

Lew

imported post

HankT, I can't but help want to meet you so badly. What kind of person is behind these posts? It's quite vexing thinking of the posibilities yet knowing that I will likely never know the truth. You're probably (no offense, please) an intolerable pri**, but such an interesting one! [truth is, I'm an as***** too; I just have other outlets ;)]

More importantly, what the heck is "solucient"? I've never heard of it, and I'd like to think I'm well-versed in English.

Oh, I'm sorry, did I interrupt some posturing? My bad.