Thread: Did he really say that? Wdbg WalMart OC

Post imported post

Took a late night stroll to walmart with a buddy tonight, about 1230am to be exact. I usually OC there with no trouble, or issues of any kind. We did our normal wandering through electronics and toys, then over to sporting goods, there were three kids, maybe 17, 18, huddled around the BB guns. They were all loud and excited, one practically screaming over the fact that one BB gun had a BANANA clip. You would have thought he found gold. I was half leaning over the counter looking at ammo, while my buddy wandered closer to the kids. I walked back over to meet him, chatted about the price of the paint balls, and we turned to walk away. As i turn away, all I hear is WHOA from all three of them. I knew in my head what was up, but I had to turn around anyway, I glanced, and one of them exclaimed almost yelling.. "He's white, he can do that!" while pointing at my hip. I paused, thought about engaging them in a conversation about how WHITE has nothing to do with it, but I decided it would be a worthless conversation and continued on my walk. What I still dont understand however, is that the kid who blurted this, was white. Walking away, i was just floored by the fact that he really did say that. Gave me a chuckle, hope it does you... lol. (if only my friend had been carrying too..... )

Post imported post

Possibly he would have a gun, but doesn't because he can't? (age-wise) Yet, still implies that 'the more equal white people' are the only people allowed to OC.

This one is going to be a model citizen! :quirky

Can you imagine if the OP was danbus? I wonder if the teen would've said: "He can't do that, he's black." Obviously 'he can do that, he's white' and 'he can do that, he's black' aren't mutually exclusive. However, makes me shudder to think what goes on in this kid's noggin...:?

Post imported post

The other night at work I was reading The Defender and a black guy asked me what it was. I explained it was from the VCDL and what the VCDL was. Then he goes to me "could I join them"? I could tell the way he said it he meant it because he was black. I told himhe sure could and since he was a gun owner he should but of course he didn't.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

JustACitizen wrote:
    ...one BB gun had a BANANA clip.
    How any bananas did it hold?

Post imported post

Funny in a way, but sad in another. It seems that many youth (black and white) are convinced that the only people that should have guns are cops, drug dealers, and rappers. I think we should start a youth program teaching kids about guns: they are not evil, are a lot of fun to shoot, etc. That would hack off the ACLU... The thought alone makes me smile!

Post imported post

Youth programs exist -- 4H would be one. At least in my neck of the woods

See article about local teens involved in skeet

http://www.starexponent.com/servlet/...=1173352010201

DC

Post imported post

Maybe we could all "Sponsor" a youth from a economically challenged area in the local urban population of the greater VA/DC region for this program or start a similiar one as DeadCenter suggests:

http://www.nrahq.org/youth/index.asp

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    JustACitizen wrote:
    I forgot to look.

Founder's Club Member OC-Glock19's Avatar

Post imported post

dngreer wrote:
    I think we should start a youth program teaching kids about guns: they are not evil, are a lot of fun to shoot, etc. That would hack off the ACLU... The thought alone makes me smile!
    Have you ever searched YouTube for videos using the words Stupid and Kids? I wouldn't give any of today's youth a lit match, let alone a loaded firearm.

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    JustACitizen wrote:
    Yeah, just what you need to defend yourself from those gun toting monkeys. :celebrate

Post imported post

Actually, all you have to do is spend a couple years doing online gaming and you'll realize that racism is alive and well in our youth. Nothing like seeing things like "NI###R, NI###R, NI###R" or "OMG I got jewed" in chat to make me wish we could euthanize most of the kids on there.

This cartoon pretty much typifies the gaming experience.

http://www.penny-arcade.com/comic/2003/11/07

Post imported post

dngreer wrote:
    I think we should start a youth program teaching kids about guns: they are not evil, are a lot of fun to shoot, etc. That would hack off the ACLU... The thought alone makes me smile!
    Have you ever searched YouTube for videos using the words Stupid and Kids? I wouldn't give any of today's youth a lit match, let alone a loaded firearm.

[line]

Maybe I should have said these programs are for the elite few. These kids are not full time gamers. At least not the type that spend all day and night in their rooms gaming. They are out and active in the community.

Also the programs are taught by NRA instructors and adult volunteers. Any screwing off and your out.

I can see this working in Central and Southern areas. Urban area's / Suburban area's may make it a little harder to keep order with the common mentality of the younger generation. Not all of them of course. There are always good walking amongst the bad.

LEO229 just might have to be on staff.