• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

IDPA action in VA

danbus

imported post

I was thinking in order to get us more involved for a great time as a group, we should go shooting together. We have tried this previously but only a small turnout plus it was freezing.

The answer would be IDPA. We all talk about how we utilize our visit to the range, and quite frankly, I get bored from time to time just shooting at single targets without moving, drawing from holster, etc. I'm sure that some of you feel the same way, so why not get together and get competitive?

Oh? You don't know where IDPA matches take place?

I do. -----------> http://www.ncrr.net/ BAM!!!!! :celebrate

Click on IDPA and voila, instant info! Now all we have to do is schedule some meet ups and boom, we all have a great time.

And shame on youfor those of you who knew about this place, but yet didn't want to share the wealth.

Please comment and share some ideas!

sitedzn

imported post

here's a good source for info for idpa in va.

http://sports.groups.yahoo.com/group/VAIDPA/

only problem that i have with ncrr is that their idpa is on wed and thurs. if you're looking for a weekend event, try out black creek in hanover (4 or 5 miles off I-295). 2nd saturday of every month. i should be out there the next 2 months.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

LEO 229 wrote:
What are you going to get? Do you know the SN for it yet?? ;)

Well, RPG's are out--what with mandatory seat-belt laws in VA and all.

I'm thinking a Commander-size 1911, de-horned for carry. I'll order it when I'm ready; already got it picked out. I'm going to ask for a custom serial number:

[align=center]20 LEO 229 BAIT 07[/align]

[align=left]Below it, I'll have engraved: If you can read this, you have violated the 4th Amendment[/align]

[align=center]:)[/align]

sitedzn

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Just waiting for my next sidearm purchase.
i'm sure someone has a loaner for you. how bout full size 1911? i'm unclassified with it, so i'm just waiting on the fall classifier to use it there.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
i'm sure someone has a loaner for you. how bout full size 1911? i'm unclassified with it, so i'm just waiting on the fall classifier to use it there.
Thanks for the offer. I really want to use what would also be my primary carry sidearm.

sitedzn

imported post

well if you're looking for a small 1911, may i suggest a Kimber Ultracarry? they're a little pricey, butworth it i think. a friend has one and he shoots lights out with that thing! and after seeing the problems hlh had at the range with his Colt, don't think i'll ever get one of those. it's pretty, but too many FTE for my liking as a defense pistol.

cdpmaster

imported post

Just fyi,

IDPA tomorrow at Rivanna (Charlottesville) and Sunday at Cavalier (Ashland).

Tomorrow will only be 2 stages with the handguns, as it is the Weaponsmaster (annual 3 gun) Match. The rifle will be 2 stages and shotgun will be 3 or vice versa.

Ya'll should come.

Citizen

Founder's Club Member
imported post

sitedzn wrote:
well if you're looking for a small 1911, may i suggest a Kimber Ultracarry? they're a little pricey, butworth it i think. a friend has one and he shoots lights out with that thing! and after seeing the problems hlh had at the range with his Colt, don't think i'll ever get one of those. it's pretty, but too many FTE for my liking as a defense pistol.

Thanks for the info. Kimbers are on the short list.

echo6tango

imported post

danbus wrote:
I was thinking in order to get us more involved for a great time as a group, we should go shooting together. We have tried this previously but only a small turnout plus it was freezing.

The answer would be IDPA. We all talk about how we utilize our visit to the range, and quite frankly, I get bored from time to time just shooting at single targets without moving, drawing from holster, etc. I'm sure that some of you feel the same way, so why not get together and get competitive?

Click on IDPA and voila, instant info! Now all we have to do is schedule some meet ups and boom, we all have a great time.

And shame on youfor those of you who knew about this place, but yet didn't want to share the wealth.

Please comment and share some ideas!

Sir Danbus,
It would be great to go down to Hampton Roads and go through some ammo. Weekends would be best for me, but anything is possible with enough lead time on a date.

No doubt a great time would be had by all.

Bubba Ron

imported post

danbus wrote:

OK, I confess, I'm an NCRR member (maybe you overheard me at the Hickory Grill) and I have been WANTING to give it a try, just haven't done it yet....they have a Basic IDPA once a month, sort of a test the water thing -let's go!!
Edit: where did all these boxes come from :question::question::question: