• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Open Carry on I-85

vrwmiller

imported post

OC'd at a rest stop off of I-85 southbound this afternoon. It was the rest stop in Granville County. Was kind of deserted, not a whole lot traffic and only a handful of cars and people.

As I was walking into the main facility, someone who appeared to be security was exiting. I could not tell if he noticed or not...

vrwmiller

imported post

Relaying the experience. A number of posters have indicated that a large number of posts are from negative OC experiences. Since this was, for all intents and purposes, a non-event, I posted it.

You could liken it to the other OC threads in VA where posters relay, primarily, non-event OC scenarios.

vrwmiller

imported post

It's not necessary for you to apologize. I should have made the intent clear to begin with. There were probably others that didn't get the intent either.

jimwyant

imported post

In the FWIW category, I have been travelling between Richmond VA and Durham NC via I-85 weekly for nearly two years, and have stopped at most of the rest areas along the route many times (always OC'ing). Each time so far has been a non-event for me as well.