• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Amusing LE (non) encounter

sccrref

imported post

Armed4Life wrote:
Citizen.....I have no complaints about the events today other than I wish people with Security related jobs would get some very basic training on the gun lawsof the state that they work in (to prevent wasting taxpayer dollars on non-events).
It could very well be the store security to blame but it could also be a store/chain policy on how to handle a MWAG entering the store. Just a thought and something to think about. It probably is the security to blame as I OC in out local Target from time to time and have not had a problem.

sccrref

imported post

unrequited wrote:
Wow. 911 operator handled that one terrifically. "i'm sure the law allows them to do that but..." the "marine" should have just stfu at that point.
I guess that the Core has gone the way of the other services, " Kinder, gentler ..." This is sad as he has done a disservice to all of those who have gone before.

Ouroboros

imported post

Sorry as well to revive a dead topic and if this has been commented on already, but if you listen to the Tony's 911 call recording, the caller is clearly NOT "from Virginia." His accent seems to be a New York accent, though it is not 100% clear on the recording. No wonder why he's "not comfortable with it." He should take the time to learn a bit about the customs of his new State -- it's only polite.

(Before you flame me, I am a shamelessly proud Northerner. But fair is fair.)

Slowhand

imported post

echo6tango wrote:
Citizen wrote:
??? This is the first I've heard this 911 recording. This guy claims to have been in the Marine Corps and he is "uncomfortable" be around someone that is carrying a gun? What year did this occur? I did notice the responding officers tone change when they were told the number of persons that were carrying.
I agree about a Marine being uncomfortable around firearms carriers. He says that he is a retired Marine (not "former"). I never served, but I grew up in a Marine Corps family since I was 8 years old (Step Father was flag officer 28 years in the Corps). And I have had MANY Marine friends, roommates and coworkers. I wouldn't be surprised if that guy was a poser.

TrueBrit

imported post

Slowhand wrote:
echo6tango wrote:
Citizen wrote:
??? This is the first I've heard this 911 recording. This guy claims to have been in the Marine Corps and he is "uncomfortable" be around someone that is carrying a gun? What year did this occur? I did notice the responding officers tone change when they were told the number of persons that were carrying.
I agree about a Marine being uncomfortable around firearms carriers. He says that he is a retired Marine (not "former"). I never served, but I grew up in a Marine Corps family since I was 8 years old (Step Father was flag officer 28 years in the Corps). And I have had MANY Marine friends, roommates and coworkers. I wouldn't be surprised if that guy was a poser.

A guy who served in the USMC uncomfortable around guns!Oh Woe, woe and thrice woe, all of you Devil Dogs that post here! I feel your pain! Just be glad it was not the average visitor from UK making the call, the poor dear would have died of heart failure upon being informed that OC is lawful in VA!:lol:

TrueBrit.

David.Car

imported post

Yet another member of the security field who knows his states gun laws. (Not because of the company that is for sure)

Side note: The location I work at has a no firearm policy for both employees and visitors. But since I have started here we have added a key lock box bolted to the wall that can be used to store any employee or visitors firearms during office hours. (we do ask they unload it at their vehicle before bringing it in)

UTOC-45-44

imported post

Citizen wrote:
echo6tango wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Looks like there is quite a bit available here: http://opencarry.mywowbb.com/forum54/1658.html

This is what I get when I click on the link

Error

Topic not found.

« Back

Phat Shantz

imported post

As a young, long-haired type in the '60s, I found my disheveled appearance a benefit when visiting the large box stores. I made the sales help so nervous, I never had to look far when I wanted assistance.

Is Open Carry the 21st century equivalent of having long hair and wearing bell-bottom jeans? Or shoudl I expect the pimply-faced ESL high-school dropout to run screaming if I approached them for a price-check?