• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

OC in the Dyersburg area anyone??

andersmg

imported post

I have not OC'd in town except in my own yard when I am out working in my shop, but I have thought about it, just not sure of our local Law enforcement's take on it.

Anyone have any experience or input?

Oh yea, I am new to the site and really enjoy it, this is my first post.

andersmg

imported post

I have been OC'ing now for a few days and so far with no encounters negative or positive. I have carried in Mcdonalds, Wal-Mart, Advance Auto partsand like I said so far so good.

Oh yea, I carry while walking my dog on one of the busiest streets in town, I had a county deputy and city police drive by me and they either did not notice or did not have an issue with me OC'ing because they did not stop.:cool:

Kingfish

imported post

Open carrying a handgun (with a permit) is as legal as walking down the street eating an ice cream cone. No reason to get hassled.

Welcome to the club.

Great, now I want ice cream.......<drool>

blk

imported post

We stopped in Dyersburg last Friday on our way to and from Reelfoot from Memphis. I OC'd both times and got NO reaction from anyone at the gas station nor at the Subway.