• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Brady Bunch email shows their concern for Parker decision

ParaWarthog

imported post

Okay, Warrenton, I understand that you wish to maintain a discussion about the newest Brady Bunch craziness, and I'll leave the NRA rant for another thread and invite Doug Huffman (outspoken NRA opponent on this forum) to join the discussion at that point.

I agree that the Brady Campaign is FULL OF HYPOCRITES. Those who support the anti - gun campaign are very, very . . . thinking of a word that's not to harsh . . . misled. The very fact that many of the most outspoken anti gunners HOLD CARRY PERMITS is testament to the fact that the entire organization is very shaky. If the leaders are this hypocritical, how can the organization be upstanding? Heck, myself and many others have regurgitated any allegiance to a certain pro gun organization because of just a few hypocritical moves (in our opinion; not trying to stir up anything [right now]). If the anti gun establishment realizes that their leaders are two faced liars, how can they continue to support these organizations and claim any merit!!?!?

And somebody please tell me why the Brady Bunch contributions are tax deductible and my donations to the GOA aren't.

Cue-Ball

imported post

ParaWarthog wrote:
I agree that the Brady Campaign is FULL OF HYPOCRITES. Those who support the anti - gun campaign are very, very . . . thinking of a word that's not to harsh . . . misled. The very fact that many of the most outspoken anti gunners HOLD CARRY PERMITS is testament to the fact that the entire organization is very shaky.
Can anyone cite individual members (better yet, higher-ups) who hold carry permits, and show proof? This would be perfect fodder against their cause.

ParaWarthog

imported post

OH yea.

- Senator John D. Rockefeller, IV, who voted for the original assault weapons ban, owned a Colt AR-15, which was banned (though not retroactively) by the bill he voted for.

- Actress and zealous anti – gun advocate Jennifer O’Neil kept an UNREGISTERED (in NY) gun for “personal protection.” She accidentally shot herself while handling the gun that she supposedly hated. Her husband, a convicted felon, was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm. All charges were dropped against both.

- Anti – gun columnist Carl Rowan fired a shot at a trespasser with an ILLEGAL gun in Washington DC.

- Diane Feinstein, who voted to ban handguns in San Francisco when she was mayor received the ONLY concealed carry permit the year she became mayor.

- Chief Justice Warren Burger, who sponsored stricter regulation of gun owners in order to “put a stop to mindless homicidal carnage” is remembered best for using a pistol to confront a newspaper reporter who wanted to get a comment from him at his home one night.

- Jane Fonda, anti – gun activist took shooting lessons with her husband in northern Florida.

- New York City rug merchant, Fernando Mateo spearheaded a “Toys for Guns campaign.” His anti – gun stance is a little hypocritical, given the fact that he refused to turn in his OWN gun in exchange for prizes. He even claims to have had the gun for 10 years and has used it to scare off thugs in his store.

- Anti – gun newspaper columnist and card carrying Handgun Control, Inc. member, Jodine Mayberry writes about a trip to the shooting range where she “enjoyed” shooting her gun, and encouraged her friend, who was a domestic abuse victim, to procure a gun and learn how to shoot it.

- Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris promoted a large gun give back program in Chicago. He encouraged people to turn in their guns, but it was discovered that he conveniently decided to keep his! His excuse? “It’s a little small thing . . . I just have it [at home] for safety.”

The above information comes from “Politically Correct Guns” by Alan Gottlieb. It is a very entertaining read.