• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Can you carry at Harbor Park baseball stadium in Norfolk VA?

jenzenk

imported post

I don't know about the ball park, but on this note, firearms for attendees at the Scope are prohibited period.. OC or CC.

Tess

Founder's Club Member
imported post

AbNo wrote:
I don't have the code in front of me, but as far as I know, anytime a place has an on-site consumption license, CC is prohibited.

I don't see that selling alcohol makes a baseball park a restaurant any more than having kids in the store makes Barnes & Noble a playground.

JMHO

psmartin

imported post

Tess wrote:
AbNo wrote:
I don't have the code in front of me, but as far as I know, anytime a place has an on-site consumption license, CC is prohibited.

I don't see that selling alcohol makes a baseball park a restaurant any more than having kids in the store makes Barnes & Noble a playground.

JMHO

A stadium does not count BECAUSE the concession stand providing the food *IS NOT* a restaurant as defined by the code of Virginia.

You may wish to read it yourself to form your own opinion.

The EXCEPTION would be: If there is a stadium that has a restaurant that has it's OWN DEDICATED SEATING AREA, that would fall under the definition of a restaurant. But, only the restaurant area and dedicated seating area would be prohibited.

I *WOULD* expect an officer to make in incorrect assumption that concealed carry is prohibited(cops knowing the law.. what a concept!), but at least I'll be able to articulate my reasoning for declaring that, according to the code of virginia, a stadium IS NOT A RESTAURANT by definition.

Tess -- You should be ASHAMED OF YOURSELF.. Taking a firearm into a place with all those kids.. Hell, HUNDREDS OF THEM AT A BALLPARK. (sorry, I was practicing Brady-ism's)

psmartin

imported post

jenzenk wrote:
I don't know about the ball park, but on this note, firearms for attendees at the Scope are prohibited period.. OC or CC.
That rule is more of a private-property suggestion.. Like: No flash photography & video cameras..

Shouldn't be an issue unless you want to whip out your .45 and start taking pictures with it.

Tomahawk

imported post

psmartin wrote:
jenzenk wrote:
That rule is more of a private-property suggestion.. Like: No flash photography & video cameras..

Shouldn't be an issue unless you want to whip out your .45 and start taking pictures with it.

I suppose you could rig the hot shoe on the camera to light off a cartridge when you click the shutter, thus using the muzzle flash as an exposure flash...sounds like a project for another day. On the cover of Massad Ayoob's book Stressfire is a photo of Ayoob firing a .357 magnum revolver in the dark. The camera shutter was open, and the rather large muzzle flash illuminates the entire scene.

As for the "you shouldn't carry because there are kids here" argument, next time some dufus says that to me I'm going to say, "What's the problem, it's not like I'm smoking, drinking, or gambling here, right? Or is exercising your rights a vice in your family?"

IanB

imported post

defense.gif

jenzenk

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
psmartin wrote:
jenzenk wrote:

I suppose you could rig the hot shoe on the camera to light off a cartridge when you click the shutter, thus using the muzzle flash as an exposure flash...sounds like a project for another day. On the cover of Massad Ayoob's book Stressfire is a photo of Ayoob firing a .357 magnum revolver in the dark. The camera shutter was open, and the rather large muzzle flash illuminates the entire scene.

As for the "you shouldn't carry because there are kids here" argument, next time some dufus says that to me I'm going to say, "What's the problem, it's not like I'm smoking, drinking, or gambling here, right? Or is exercising your rights a vice in your family?"
Tomahawk... I love the way you think!!! God they'd love that wouldn't they!