• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

policeabuse.org

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

I have not seen this posted previously.
http://www.policeabuse.org

They have a lot of good info and are active in helping people with police complaints.

They also have links to a lot of disturbing videos. I just have to point out this one example because it is so ironic. This is a video of an individual trying to obtain a complaint form from the pd to file for some unmentioned alleged abuse.
The response of the PD? No form, just more abuse, including excessive physical abuse.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p53ky3RIjfU

--------
Here's more about police abuse .org, from their site.

Services

2007 - Police Complaint Center Inc. All rights reserved.

The Police Complaint Center offers a range of services to our clients. Our primary service is helping you report misconduct and collecting evidence and records. Other s ervices include expert witness testimony, creating documentary films of cases and television reports on misconduct. Some of the things that we can do for you can be accomplished on your own, others cannot. It is important that you use professionals when addressing police misconduct. For clients with limited resources, we offer a free service to help you file your complaint. Unfortunately, under the free service we cannot help you beyond reportin g your complaint. It will be your responsibility to take the matter further, and ensure that the police have investi gated your allegations.

Free service Its free but do not call about your complaint. Contact the police after 30 days after submission..

Fee-based service fees start at $25. We will notify you via email of filed status after we call the police

What are the the fees for complaints and investigations?

Express Reporting Service (within 24 hours) $25.00

Gold Service (we call the police as your licensed private investigators).....more

Documentary Film Shorts (we create a short documentary film based on your incident with the police) .

Investigations (we conduct a hidden camera test of a police department you select) fees TBA by phone after review of case

Illegal police surveillance issues (fees TBA by phone after review of case) Call 202-250-3499 If you are concerned

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

mark edward marchiafava wrote:
Just a scam to seperate you from your money. What is needed is a genuine, NON -profit organization to basically perform the same service.

While I agree we need a "free, not for profit" alternative. What makes you call it a scam? I looked over the site and was impressed with what they had set up.
Services rendered warrent compensation. What's wrong with capitalism?

openryan

State Researcher
imported post

The website is set up pretty poorly. Probably some guy running the operation of his basement. :p

If it was a non-profit I would be less leary, this sounds like it is probably way over priced for the services you get/need.

kurtmax_0

imported post

Meh... the site is very poorly constructed and it's pretty scammy.

I'm sure whenever somebody files a complaint at a police department they get together in the break room reading it while laughing hysterically. The best kind of police complaint is a lawsuit.

The cops in those videos were pretty calm actually. Around here you would get your skull mashed in and the tape would convieniently get 'lost' or somehow be 'blank'. I've been considering setting up a wireless camera rig that uploads everything to a remote server in real-time...

Tomahawk

imported post

kurtmax_0 wrote:
The cops in those videos were pretty calm actually. Around here you would get your skull mashed in and the tape would convieniently get 'lost' or somehow be 'blank'. I've been considering setting up a wireless camera rig that uploads everything to a remote server in real-time...
What we need are little robots that follow you around like a hummingbird in a Disney movie and record everything that happens around you or to you.

markand

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
What we need are little robots that follow you around like a hummingbird in a Disney movie and record everything that happens around you or to you.

Yeah, where can I get some of those little hummingbird robots...

JSK333

imported post

Tomahawk wrote:
kurtmax_0 wrote:
Go to NYC or San Fran, shouldn't be long before that's a reality. But probably won't be in the way you're wanting...