Thread: History of Colorado Firearm Law

Houston, Texas, USA

Post imported post

I loved reading the compilation of the history of carry and firearm laws in Georgia on, and I was inspired to do some research over at CU's law library and compile my own attempt for Colorado. Now, I'm not a lawyer, so I'm unfamiliar with quoting references, and there may be laws I missed, but I believe this is a very good place to get down all the major state-wide changes, as well as local changes that led to the current state of the law in Colorado. I hope you enjoy it!

Arapahoe County CO, ,

Post imported post

Very interesting reading! Thanks for the hard work.
    "Is life so dear, or peace so sweet, as to be purchased at the price of chains and slavery?" Patrick Henry (ironically a slave owner), 1775 Mar 23.

Moderator / Administrator Grapeshot's Avatar
    N. Chesterfield, Va.

Post imported post

Excellant job!

The best situation was 1876 - "Colorado is admitted to the Union as the 38th state. At the time, there are no restrictions on the ownership, carrying, or use of firearms, other than brandishing a weapon to cause fear in another and the obvious results of committing other crimes such as murder, etc."

Everything since then has been down hill.

Yata hey

You will not rise to the occasion; you will fall back on your level of training. Archilochus, 650 BC

Old and treacherous will beat young and skilled every time. Yata hey.