• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

First post

JeffersonDavis

imported post

I just found this site and it is full of good information. I have been carrying concealed for 12 years. I have never open carried but you know I just might start! Any OC dinners or get together's scheduled? I might like to join the next Norfolk reunion and I might try to make the next City council Mtg too.

JeffersonDavis

imported post

Citizen wrote:
Well, with a screen name like that, you'll go far in the Virginia threads.

Welcome!!!

Thanks for the welcome! I started with this screen name about six months ago. The only problem is trying not to make President Davis's name look foolish. I never knew there were so many people still carrying openly. I really can't believe all the harassment by LEO's. Most that I know and have come in contact with are glad to have me on their team and encourage CC. I guess I will find out how they feel about open carry! About the only time I had trouble was with a LEO on a traffic stop. He said that my CCP showed up on his computer and I should have told him about my gun. I told him I didn't need to because it shows up on his computer.........

Tomahawk

imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote:
About the only time I had trouble was with a LEO on a traffic stop. He said that my CCP showed up on his computer and I should have told him about my gun. I told him I didn't need to because it shows up on his computer.........
Next time, tell him you'll just carry illegally concealed and then he won't have to worry his pretty little shaved head about it. :dude:

C

ccloud43

imported post

Welcome to the board. We are having a dinner this Sat at Primos Pizza in Va Beach. CHeck out the July open carry dinner for all the info.

AbNo

imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote:
Citizen wrote:
Well, with a screen name like that, you'll go far in the Virginia threads.

Welcome!!!

Thanks for the welcome! I started with this screen name about six months ago. The only problem is trying not to make President Davis's name look foolish. I never knew there were so many people still carrying openly. I really can't believe all the harassment by LEO's. Most that I know and have come in contact with are glad to have me on their team and encourage CC. I guess I will find out how they feel about open carry! About the only time I had trouble was with a LEO on a traffic stop. He said that my CCP showed up on his computer and I should have told him about my gun. I told him I didn't need to because it shows up on his computer.........

I believe that would be "should have, but are not required to." At least, if I read the OCDO main page correctly.

DeadCenter

imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote:
I just found this site and it is full of good information. I have been carrying concealed for 12 years. I have never open carried but you know I just might start! Any OC dinners or get together's scheduled? I might like to join the next Norfolk reunion and I might try to make the next City council Mtg too.

Welcome

DC

vrwmiller

imported post

JeffersonDavis wrote:
Welcome to OCDO!! :celebrate