• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

New and Nervous

Sig229

imported post

Lima,

Welcome to OC!
Im also a member at DC.com. I really dont understand why they are so anti-open carry over there.
Especially now that they changed the name from CONCEALED CARRY to DEFENSIVE carry, OC'ing should be more allowed

Oh well.

But keep on OC'ing! I prefer it actually.

DJ TURNz

imported post

There are valid points to both sides. There are also large assumptions made by both sides.

Personally, I CC more than I OC, but I still do both.

It is frustrating to open a thread where someone was asking a specific question about OC and the threads get bombarded with anti-OC opinions and posts, instead of someone just answering the poor guys question.

Vermont0311

imported post

DC.com and OCDO are my two favorite forums as they cover a wide range of topics with many well educated and experienced members. Lima is one of my favorite posters to read on DC because of her varied experiences, common sense, and great writing ability. I'm glad that we'll be graced with her presence and contributions here on OCDO as well.

Welcome Lima!

imperialism2024

imported post

vic2367 wrote:
is it ok too oc in allentown ? i just recently got my ccp and ive been cc,,,,
Overlooking the thread hijack... I haven't heard of any bad encounters in the Lehigh Valley, but I haven't heard many good encounters either. Guess it's up to you to find out! But, at least with a CCP, there's no question/doubt as to the legality of OCing. If any LEO has a problem with it, you're just concealing it as far as the holster covers ;)

But at any rate, I'd say it's much more of a concern if one doesn't have a permit of any type. Even though it's entirely legal to OC, I believe that there's a much greater chance of one being brought in, thrown in a holding cell, and harassed until someone verifies the legality of OCing, if he doesn't have a CCP. At least with a permit, it can be flung out to prove one's "legitimacy" in carrying a firearm to an uninformed LEO.

ixtow

Founder's Club Member
imported post

Then make one. ;-)

TheJordTrain wrote
Every time I see a gal with a gun on the internet, she's married, and I have pangs of fear that she's the last of her kind :what::lol:

Sig229

imported post

stevemark wrote:
Well I am going for it. I just ordered a Blackhawk holster and I am going to start
open carrying once it arrives.

Thats great!
Another person not afraid to declare his rights and freedoms to the public.

Please let us know how it goes for you and where you OC'ed at.
I may be moving to your area later this year.