• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Why do women need a gun in Manassas?

HankT

State Researcher
imported post

HankT wrote:
HankT wrote:
Hawkflyer wrote:
While clearly the law in NJ and NY where you live is different because you cannot carry firearms to defend anything.

I do? I live in both NJ and NY?

I have never said that, Hawk. You're making a statement of fact. Cite your source.

Hawkflyer wrote:
Sorry Hank. Until you start answering questions you don't get to ask any that produce answers.:lol:

You don't know.....you simply do not know....heh.

Hawk, you're just chewing cud...

longwatch wrote:
Well where are you from then?

Is there some requirement to specify this? Maybe just make up a new one.Maybe 1000 posts? Something like: "All members with 1000 or more posts have specified their location!"

longwatch wrote:
Word around the water cooler is that you are from that area, I believe it since you do not assert otherwise.
That kindof logic actually works for you, eh? :p

What I can't figure out is why you and Hawk feel the need to pick TWO states that I live in. Izzat to increase your accuracy or something? :D

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

If we are wrong just say so Hank. You were the one who said maybe you live in a state where you couldn't OC.

packingdressagerider

Some where in Rockbridge County, Virginia, USA
imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
This happened just a couple minutes from my home. Of course, this is an area of town that myself and my family avoid.

http://www.nbc4.com/news/13728850/detail.html
The last time I was in Manassas, I packed. It's a beautiful historic town, but it sure felt creepy. I was there with significant other to visit his sister.Her apartment was near where that highway sniper struck.

UTOC-45-44

imported post

HankT wrote:
Wooley wrote:
Tomahawk wrote:
Defense of others whose lives are being threatened is grounds for deadly force. Ifa man is obviously overpowering and sexually assaulting a woman, he gets one warning as the safety comes off and the sights come up. What happens next is his choice. The cell phone is for later. If he runs I would probably not give chase. I go to assist the victim and await the police.

Of course, this is all theoretical to us now, you have to see through the fog and confusion and make sure you're not stepping into a domestic violence situation, picking the wrong side, etc. But I am assuming you see that a rape is taking place early in the encounter. Of course, you must also make sure you don't shoot the rape victim, as they are bound to be one on top of the other. Don't let tunnel vision keep you from seeing any buddies he has nearby.

But stopping a rape is one of the cardinal reasons for states to adopt CC laws, isn't it? Yes, you have to be very careful not to use your gun unless you really have to. But you have to be ready to use if the time comes, too, otherwise it's a just a liability.

I agree with you except for one thing. Unlike LE, I have no obligation to warn anyone of anything.

The warning ourrapist hears is also the sound of his pass being revoked.

Bad strategy.

If the guy is running away and unarmed and you pop him, it's a bad strategy.

If the guy is still on the woman, popping him is still a bad strategy. Good luck.

And you're going into law?

Here in Utah...First shoot and then see if you can ask the Bastard any Q's.

We are justified by the LAW...............in Utah

This whole Section is a Good one to remember.

Utah Code Section 76-2-402

[size=-1]76-2-402. Force in defense of person -- Forcible felony defined. (1) A person is justified in threatening or using force against another when and to the ...
le.utah.gov/~code/TITLE76/htm/76_02022.htm - 5k - Cached - Similar pages[/size]

[size=-1](4) For purposes of this section, a forcible felony includes aggravated assault, mayhem, aggravated murder, murder, manslaughter, kidnapping, and aggravated kidnapping, rape, forcible sodomy, rape of a child, object rape, object rape of a child, sexual abuse of a child, aggravated sexual abuse of a child, and aggravated sexual assault as defined in Title 76, Chapter 5, and arson, robbery, and burglary as defined in Title 76, Chapter 6. Any other felony offense which involves the use of force or violence against a person so as to create a substantial danger of death or serious bodily injury also constitutes a forcible felony. Burglary of a vehicle, defined in Section 76-6-204, does not constitute a forcible felony except when the vehicle is occupied at the time unlawful entry is made or attempted.
[/size]

UTOC-45-44

imported post

vrwmiller wrote:
This happened just a couple minutes from my home. Of course, this is an area of town that myself and my family avoid.

Woman Beaten, Raped Behind Townhouse In Manassas

POSTED: 10:10 pm EDT July 20, 2007
UPDATED: 11:44 pm EDT July 20, 2007

MANASSAS, Va. -- Police said an 18-year-old woman was raped in Manassas last Saturday morning. They said she was beaten and then sexually assaulted around 1:45 a.m. while waiting for her boyfriend on Buckner Road.

The victim said a man approached her from behind, grabbed her neck and dragged her behind a row of townhouses.She said she was punched repeatedly and then raped.

"You just need to know where your kids are and you need to keep them off the streets because you can't trust people nowadays," Buckner Road resident Karen Robinson said.

The assault did not end until three men walking through the area witnessed the attack and her attacker ran, she said. Police were then called.

The attack was the latest crime on the road, which has had a series of problems.

Last year, neighbors said a man was killed on Buckner Road. Neighbors said police are a common fixture in the area.

Candy Savannah ran the neighborhood watch program for years."I think it was an opportune moment for that element, he found the young lady and I am so sad, I really am," Savannah said.

With no solid leads and a vague description of the suspect, police said they are counting on neighbors for help.

Neighbors said it was a brutal crime that has left them all on edge.

"I have a niece and she's only 17 and we worry about her going just from one little cubby hole on this side to the other side," Buckner Road resident Linda Jackson said.

Police said they want to speak with the three men who saw the attack. They do not know their identities.

Police are offering a $1,000 reward for any information that leads to an arrest.

"You just need to know where your kids are and you need to keep them off the streets because you can't trust people nowadays," Buckner Road resident Karen Robinson said."

============================================================

Well..., she is 18 and is considered an adult.

18 they are on their own.

sitedzn

imported post

packingdressagerider wrote:
vrwmiller wrote:

The last time I was in Manassas, I packed. It's a beautiful historic town, but it sure felt creepy. I was there with significant other to visit his sister.Her apartment was near where that highway sniper struck.
please don't call him a sniper - the media used that term. there's waaay too much training involved for that guy to even think of being a sniper. shooting accuracy is only 1 small part of it all. (sorry 'bout the OT talk here - that whole thing just bugged me from the beginning).

Tomahawk

imported post

HankT wrote:
Wooley wrote:
The warning ourrapist hears is also the sound of his pass being revoked.

Bad strategy.

If the guy is running away and unarmed and you pop him, it's a bad strategy.

If the guy is still on the woman, popping him is still a bad strategy. Good luck.

And you're going into law?

First of all, nobody here is talking about shooting a retreating aggressor. So that sentence is uncalled for.

Second, if the guy is still on the woman, we're beyond "strategy" and down to "tactics" or even "techniques". The only question here is, "how do I make the assault on this woman stop as soon as possible". If the best technique is a clear shot, take it. If not, hold off for a second, holler at the guy, kick him in his bare ass hard enough to crack his pelvis, whatever. The possibilities are numerous, but the goal is the same: Stop the assault, by shooting if necessary. Do not let this man maim or murder the woman or yourself.

As for the warning argument, warnings are optional in this case. What Wooley says is fine with me; if I'm on his jury he's safe. I would probably instinctively shout a warning as I'm bring the sights to bear, as I am not in a hurry to take a life, and I want to be able to tell myself (and a jury) that I used up all the options before pushing the Button. As this is the way I have mentally prepared myself, this is probably how I will act. Your mileage may vary.

Also, Hank, I don't care where you live or whether you carry OC, CC, or at all. But your continuing to dance around questions and never reveal yourself to anyone around here is not conducive to trust or respect, not to mention your ill treatment of NSL and others. If you're not too far away, you should meet up with some of these folks and introduce yourself. A little face to face goes a long way, as I've found with these folks.