Thread: Establishments That are Pro Open Carry

Post imported post

I am curious as to whether any of you have stumbled upon some establishments (other than gun shops) that are not only okay with you open carrying in them, but have expressed, in one way or another, that they are pro carry.

I open carried for the first time two nights ago at a small little diner not too far from my home. No one of the establishment said anything but some of the patrons looked a little forlorn and I wished I knew of a place where people expected to find other people totting guns in their establishment.

I have lived in this area for three years now and I've never seen anyone without a uniform carrying openly. It would be nice to know there were places that welcomed us and where I might run into another individual who carries openly.

State Researcher
    Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA

Post imported post

In PA we (you and I) are some of the pioneers bringing OC back into normalcy.
    I doubt you will find many establishments such as you were asking for, YET. They exist but have not been "discovered", so to say, yet.
    Heck, most gun people I know don't (or didn't) know OC was even legal...

Post imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
    Heck, most gun people I know don't (or didn't) know OC was even legal...
    This is true. I have known it to be legal since I moved here, almost three years ago, but I have not exercised the right. As I've said, I've been carrying concealed for almost two years now with my LTCF.

I know that finding such an establishment is rare, and I'm not talking about just finding one in PA. I was wondering if there are ANY establishments out there that are pro open carry. Because if there is at least one, there is hope for there being two, or three, or four, and more.

Post imported post

If I remember correctly, you are in Chester County PA.

I've never had a place be pro OC in PA but I've OC'd with no issues in:
    Chester County
    Lotus Inn 202 & 252
    Paoli Diner on Rt 30
    Mrs. Marty's Diner in Broomall
    King Street Grill on Rt. 30
    Mino on Rt. 30
    John Harvard's Brewpub on Rt. 30
    PattyMAC's on Rt. 30
    Cheeseburger Cheeseburger on Rt. 30
    Hibachi on Rt 202
    Fox & Hound in Desmond hotel in Frazer
    Margaret Kuo's Mandarin on Rt. 30
    Casey's Dugout in Malvern
    Basil on Rt. 30
    Wabi Sabi on Rt. 30
    Le Saigon on Rt. 30
    Whole Foods on Rt. 30 (more dirty looks there than anyplace else)

Delaware County
    Minella's Diner on Rt 30
    Great American Pub
    Bertucci's on Rt. 30
    Glen Morgan in the Radnor Hotel on Rt. 30
    Osaka on Rt. 30
    Flavor on Rt. 30 (old Thai Pepper)
    Chili's on Rt. 30
    Landis' restaurant on Rt. 30
    Freehouse pub on N. Wayne Ave.
    Starbucks on Rt. 30
    Winds of East on Rt. 30
    Margaret Kuo's Peking in Media
    Montgomery County
    Bertucci's on Rt. 30
    California Pizza Kitchen in KoP mall
    Bertolini's in KoP mall
    Indian Delight off 202
    Rock Bottom in KoP mall
    Gillufti's in Bryn Mawr
    Cracker Barrel off 476 near metroplex mall

You can probably guess that I live just off Rt. 30 where Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties come together

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

quote"Whole Foods on Rt. 30 (more dirty looks there than anyplace else)"

This is because it employs nothing but leftists and aging hippies.
    It is the same way in AZ. You can go into just about any store and get some looks, but Whole Foods, you go there and you almost start a anti gun rally.

Campaign Veteran

Post imported post

Well, no worry though if the "rally"became hostile...they're unarmed.

-- John D.

(formerly of Colorado Springs, CO)

Post imported post

I've only had store owners specifically tell me that they are ok with ME OC'ing in their store. Truely, they don't care as long as you are a good person.

Post imported post

Interesting topic. Closest thing to such a place in my corner of the world would be the tobacco shop I shop and hang out in. Owner and I went to concealed carry training together and normally keep our "irons" hidden, but no one that comes in has objected to him or me taking off the cover garment when it's more comfortable to do so. Come to think of it there's at least three or four other customers with CHLs also.

Post imported post

Shame on me for not remembering but there is a bar/restaraunt around here that the owner actually came on this forum and invited us to come there. This was after an 'incident' when 1 of his managers booted somebody out or something like that.....
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants." - Thomas Jefferson

Post imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
    Shame on me for not remembering but there is a bar/restaraunt around here that the owner actually came on this forum and invited us to come there. This was after an 'incident' when 1 of his managers booted somebody out or something like that.....
    I remember something similar...wasn't it a Hard Times Cafe? I do remember there being a thread on Hard Times, but I don't remember if the owner was inviting OC'ers to the establishment.

Founder's Club Member - Moderator longwatch's Avatar

Post imported post

Hard Times in Woodbridge, the owner goes by Chiliman on OCDO.

Post imported post

Spartans were great warriors
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Come to Wyoming! There are NO "state laws" against open carry. I've carried here for a year now, everywhere I go (except the post awful - federal laws apply, of course) and almost nobody even notices.

We need more good folks to open carry here too!
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

Hard Times great movie
    If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

I went to a nice gun show in a nearby town yesterday. I OCd my revolver all day, as usual. :celebrate

Quite a few others OCing too, and who knows how many CC... No problems at all, but I did get to talk to a number of people who were very interested in the NRA classes soon to be offered here.

Oh, and two guys asked if my Ruger was for sale... and were properly understanding of my horror at the idea. :what:
    I will not knowingly initiate force. I am a self owner.

Let the record show that I did not consent to be governed. I did not consent to any constitution. I did not consent to any president. I did not consent to any law except the natural law of "mala en se." I did not consent to the police. Nor any tax. Nor any prohibition of anything. Nor any regulation or licensing of any kind.

Post imported post

I recently started OCing and on my first trip tothe local Sam's Club I asked about their policy for carrying firearms and was told by the manager that they prefer OC. This surprised me as the local Wal Mart told me they do not allow OC but CC is okay with them. I have had no problems at Home Depot, Lowes, Barnes & Noble, Dick's Sporting Goods, CCs Pizza, Taco Bell, Wendys or Burger King.