• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Establishments That are Pro Open Carry

lima

imported post

I am curious as to whether any of you have stumbled upon some establishments (other than gun shops) that are not only okay with you open carrying in them, but have expressed, in one way or another, that they are pro carry.

I open carried for the first time two nights ago at a small little diner not too far from my home. No one of the establishment said anything but some of the patrons looked a little forlorn and I wished I knew of a place where people expected to find other people totting guns in their establishment.

I have lived in this area for three years now and I've never seen anyone without a uniform carrying openly. It would be nice to know there were places that welcomed us and where I might run into another individual who carries openly.

Pa. Patriot

State Researcher
Just a "wannabe" in Mtn. Top, Pennsylvania, USA
imported post

In PA we (you and I) are some of the pioneers bringing OC back into normalcy.
I doubt you will find many establishments such as you were asking for, YET. They exist but have not been "discovered", so to say, yet.
Heck, most gun people I know don't (or didn't) know OC was even legal...

lima

imported post

Pa. Patriot wrote:
Heck, most gun people I know don't (or didn't) know OC was even legal...
This is true. I have known it to be legal since I moved here, almost three years ago, but I have not exercised the right. As I've said, I've been carrying concealed for almost two years now with my LTCF.

I know that finding such an establishment is rare, and I'm not talking about just finding one in PA. I was wondering if there are ANY establishments out there that are pro open carry. Because if there is at least one, there is hope for there being two, or three, or four, and more.

lprgcFrank

imported post

If I remember correctly, you are in Chester County PA.

I've never had a place be pro OC in PA but I've OC'd with no issues in:
Chester County
Lotus Inn 202 & 252
Paoli Diner on Rt 30
Mrs. Marty's Diner in Broomall
King Street Grill on Rt. 30
Mino on Rt. 30
John Harvard's Brewpub on Rt. 30
PattyMAC's on Rt. 30
Cheeseburger Cheeseburger on Rt. 30
Hibachi on Rt 202
Fox & Hound in Desmond hotel in Frazer
Margaret Kuo's Mandarin on Rt. 30
Casey's Dugout in Malvern
Basil on Rt. 30
Wabi Sabi on Rt. 30
Le Saigon on Rt. 30
Whole Foods on Rt. 30 (more dirty looks there than anyplace else)

Delaware County
Minella's Diner on Rt 30
Great American Pub
Bertucci's on Rt. 30
Glen Morgan in the Radnor Hotel on Rt. 30
Osaka on Rt. 30
Flavor on Rt. 30 (old Thai Pepper)
Chili's on Rt. 30
Landis' restaurant on Rt. 30
Freehouse pub on N. Wayne Ave.
Starbucks on Rt. 30
Winds of East on Rt. 30
Margaret Kuo's Peking in Media
Montgomery County
Bertucci's on Rt. 30
California Pizza Kitchen in KoP mall
Bertolini's in KoP mall
Indian Delight off 202
Rock Bottom in KoP mall
Gillufti's in Bryn Mawr
Cracker Barrel off 476 near metroplex mall

You can probably guess that I live just off Rt. 30 where Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties come together

dreamcro

Campaign Veteran
imported post

quote"Whole Foods on Rt. 30 (more dirty looks there than anyplace else)"

This is because it employs nothing but leftists and aging hippies.
It is the same way in AZ. You can go into just about any store and get some looks, but Whole Foods, you go there and you almost start a anti gun rally.

Bravo_Sierra

imported post

I've only had store owners specifically tell me that they are ok with ME OC'ing in their store. Truely, they don't care as long as you are a good person.

Brian D.

imported post

Interesting topic. Closest thing to such a place in my corner of the world would be the tobacco shop I shop and hang out in. Owner and I went to concealed carry training together and normally keep our "irons" hidden, but no one that comes in has objected to him or me taking off the cover garment when it's more comfortable to do so. Come to think of it there's at least three or four other customers with CHLs also.

VAopencarry

imported post

Shame on me for not remembering but there is a bar/restaraunt around here that the owner actually came on this forum and invited us to come there. This was after an 'incident' when 1 of his managers booted somebody out or something like that.....

vrwmiller

imported post

VAopencarry wrote:
Shame on me for not remembering but there is a bar/restaraunt around here that the owner actually came on this forum and invited us to come there. This was after an 'incident' when 1 of his managers booted somebody out or something like that.....
I remember something similar...wasn't it a Hard Times Cafe? I do remember there being a thread on Hard Times, but I don't remember if the owner was inviting OC'ers to the establishment.

MamaLiberty

imported post

Come to Wyoming! There are NO "state laws" against open carry. I've carried here for a year now, everywhere I go (except the post awful - federal laws apply, of course) and almost nobody even notices.

We need more good folks to open carry here too!

MamaLiberty

imported post

I went to a nice gun show in a nearby town yesterday. I OCd my revolver all day, as usual. :celebrate

Quite a few others OCing too, and who knows how many CC... No problems at all, but I did get to talk to a number of people who were very interested in the NRA classes soon to be offered here.

Oh, and two guys asked if my Ruger was for sale... and were properly understanding of my horror at the idea. :) :what:

sccrref

imported post

I recently started OCing and on my first trip tothe local Sam's Club I asked about their policy for carrying firearms and was told by the manager that they prefer OC. This surprised me as the local Wal Mart told me they do not allow OC but CC is okay with them. I have had no problems at Home Depot, Lowes, Barnes & Noble, Dick's Sporting Goods, CCs Pizza, Taco Bell, Wendys or Burger King.