• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Positive OC carry experience in Manassas restaurant

longwatch

Founder's Club Member - Moderator
imported post

Luis aka Looey (his AR15.com handle) feels pretty strongly against OC. He took sides with the MPD when he came to VCDL meeting on that issue. More recently he was trashing Danbus and Reverend for OC in Norfolk. Pretty much he thinks OC is going to hurt his "right" to carry concealed.
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=273908&page=2

Another guy there, I don't know one day was trying to tell another customer that a DD214 wasn't sufficient proof of training for a CHP. A week later I tried to throw them some business with a customer looking for a case suitable for airline travel, they told him he couldn't fly with it and would have to ship it through an FFL :banghead:.

Basically while its a fine shop otherwise but I am less than satisfied with their attitudes and level of service and don't expect to be shopping there anytime soon.

rebfan

imported post

I agree, a trip to both places would be nice. VA Arms is only open until 7PM so we should visit there first and then move onto supper.

vrwmiller

imported post

longwatch wrote:
Luis aka Looey (his AR15.com handle) feels pretty strongly against OC. He took sides with the MPD when he came to VCDL meeting on that issue. More recently he was trashing Danbus and Reverend for OC in Norfolk. Pretty much he thinks OC is going to hurt his "right" to carry concealed.
http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=24&t=273908&page=2

Another guy there, I don't know one day was trying to tell another customer that a DD214 wasn't sufficient proof of training for a CHP. A week later I tried to throw them some business with a customer looking for a case suitable for airline travel, they told him he couldn't fly with it and would have to ship it through an FFL :banghead:.

Basically while its a fine shop otherwise but I am less than satisfied with their attitudes and level of service and don't expect to be shopping there anytime soon.
I was not aware of this. Thanks for passing it on.

Personally, I have not had any negative experiences with the people there. I've gone in there OC'ing on multiple occassions and received the assistance I was looking for when needed without any issues.

Although, I do remember talking to one of them once about the whole CHP list being published by Trejbal and the RT. They were clueless that this had happened and it had been big news for several weeks. One would think that someone working at a gun shop would know these things, but I guess not everyone is an 'activist'.