Thread: Springfield XD45 holster

Post imported post

I am new to open/concealed carry, and waswondering what your opinion is on the holster that comes with the XD45 for open carry.

Post imported post

It's only really good for range use, or for screwing to the side of your bed/under your steeringwheel to make a holster mount.

For OWB I'd suggest any top-quality holster such as the Blackhawk Serpa CQC (www.blackhawk.com), and if you're considering IWB CC I'd suggest the Crossbreed Supertuck (www.crossbreedholsters.com).

If you have any other suggestions, I have the XD .45 Service, so ask away! Welcome to the forum btw!
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Thanks for the reply. I have a IWB holster I got from Sidearmor, but was looking for anOWB holster. The stock holster just felt.... off. I hate to just throw it out, and never realy thought to put it in my truck.

Post imported post

If you head over to xdtalk.com, there are several people who can give you some advice on mounting the holster. They've done some good work mounting theirs, and they're always more than happy to point out some of the better (and worse) ideas for how/where to mount one.

Post imported post

fobus

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

If you think like a Statist, act like one, or back some, you've given up on freedom and have gone over to the dark side.
    The easiest ex. but probably the most difficult to grasp for gun owners is that fool permission slip so many of you have, especially if you show it off with pride. You should recognize it as an embarrassment, an infringement, a travesty and an affront to a free person.

~Alan Korwin

Post imported post

Found a nice Galco at my local gun shop, it's benn working great so far. Thanks for all the suggestions though.

Post imported post

I OC my tactical XD with a blackhawk serpa level two. I'm not sure if I got a bad one or if thats just the way the holster is, butmy gun rattles around when I walk. Also if you twist the gun just a little and pull up it pops right out (without pushing the release button). I'm currently in the market for a leather holster with a snap retention strap.

I've heard nothing but good things about the serpa holsters... Anyone else have these problems?

Post imported post

This is for my CQC but I'm assuming it's the same for Level II. There's a small screw in the front by the muzzle which controls the passive retention as well as the push-button tension release. Screw that in quarter or half turns until it fixes your problem. Go slowly as you don't want to strip the screw. A little makes a BIG difference.
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

Specifically, right here...

I was actually looking at these today. The 1911 that was put into it was actually very tight, to the point it needed to be loosened a bit for a smooth draw.

Get out your Screwdriver and turn! :celebrate
    Why open carry? Because 1911 > 911.

Post imported post

I got that little sucker tight as a drum but it still rocks fore and aft about 1/4 of an inch....

Post imported post

*wobbles to and fro while typing*

Well, are you sure you have the right none for your gun?

Post imported post

DrewGunner wrote:
    I got that little sucker tight as a drum but it still rocks fore and aft about 1/4 of an inch....
    Hmmm... mine's tighter than a ... well it's tight. I'd take it back to the shop... what's your model # Serpa btw?
    -Unrequited

Post imported post

AbNo wrote:
    *wobbles to and fro while typing*

Well, are you sure you have the right none for your gun?
    The right none for your gun? I think I meant "one"....

I was... in a celebratory mood last night. Well, not really, but I was trying to be in one.

"The right nun for your gun!"