• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Springfield XD45 holster

unrequited

imported post

It's only really good for range use, or for screwing to the side of your bed/under your steeringwheel to make a holster mount.

For OWB I'd suggest any top-quality holster such as the Blackhawk Serpa CQC (www.blackhawk.com), and if you're considering IWB CC I'd suggest the Crossbreed Supertuck (www.crossbreedholsters.com).

If you have any other suggestions, I have the XD .45 Service, so ask away! Welcome to the forum btw!

FogRider

imported post

Thanks for the reply. I have a IWB holster I got from Sidearmor, but was looking for anOWB holster. The stock holster just felt.... off. I hate to just throw it out, and never realy thought to put it in my truck.

Drewesque

imported post

If you head over to xdtalk.com, there are several people who can give you some advice on mounting the holster. They've done some good work mounting theirs, and they're always more than happy to point out some of the better (and worse) ideas for how/where to mount one.

DrewGunner

imported post

I OC my tactical XD with a blackhawk serpa level two. I'm not sure if I got a bad one or if thats just the way the holster is, butmy gun rattles around when I walk. Also if you twist the gun just a little and pull up it pops right out (without pushing the release button). I'm currently in the market for a leather holster with a snap retention strap.

I've heard nothing but good things about the serpa holsters... Anyone else have these problems?

unrequited

imported post

This is for my CQC but I'm assuming it's the same for Level II. There's a small screw in the front by the muzzle which controls the passive retention as well as the push-button tension release. Screw that in quarter or half turns until it fixes your problem. Go slowly as you don't want to strip the screw. A little makes a BIG difference.

AbNo

imported post

Specifically, right here...

gagift112706arh6.jpg

I was actually looking at these today. The 1911 that was put into it was actually very tight, to the point it needed to be loosened a bit for a smooth draw.

Get out your Screwdriver and turn! :celebrate

AbNo

imported post

AbNo wrote:
*wobbles to and fro while typing*

Well, are you sure you have the right none for your gun?

The right none for your gun? I think I meant "one".... :banghead:

I was... in a celebratory mood last night. Well, not really, but I was trying to be in one.

"The right nun for your gun!" :lol: