• We are now running on a new, and hopefully much-improved, server. In addition we are also on new forum software. Any move entails a lot of technical details and I suspect we will encounter a few issues as the new server goes live. Please be patient with us. It will be worth it! :) Please help by posting all issues here.
  • The forum will be down for about an hour this weekend for maintenance. I apologize for the inconvenience.
  • If you are having trouble seeing the forum then you may need to clear your browser's DNS cache. Click here for instructions on how to do that
  • Please review the Forum Rules frequently as we are constantly trying to improve the forum for our members and visitors.

Anti - Gun Advocates' Hypocritical Personal Policies

ParaWarthog

imported post

I copied this from the post I made in the News and Political Alerts thread on the general discussion board. I wanted to make sure that everybody reads this information, and be sure to read the book from which this information comes, listed at the bottom of the post.

- Senator John D. Rockefeller, IV, who voted for the original assault weapons ban, owned a Colt AR-15, which was banned (though not retroactively) by the bill he voted for.

- Actress and zealous anti – gun advocate Jennifer O’Neil kept an UNREGISTERED (in NY) gun for “personal protection.” She accidentally shot herself while handling the gun that she supposedly hated. Her husband, a convicted felon, was charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm. All charges were dropped against both.

- Anti – gun columnist Carl Rowan fired a shot at a trespasser with an ILLEGAL gun in Washington DC.

- Diane Feinstein, who voted to ban handguns in San Francisco when she was mayor received the ONLY concealed carry permit the year she became mayor.

- Chief Justice Warren Burger, who sponsored stricter regulation of gun owners in order to “put a stop to mindless homicidal carnage” is remembered best for using a pistol to confront a newspaper reporter who wanted to get a comment from him at his home one night.

- Jane Fonda, anti – gun activist took shooting lessons with her husband in northern Florida.

- New York City rug merchant, Fernando Mateo spearheaded a “Toys for Guns campaign.” His anti – gun stance is a little hypocritical, given the fact that he refused to turn in his OWN gun in exchange for prizes. He even claims to have had the gun for 10 years and has used it to scare off thugs in his store.

- Anti – gun newspaper columnist and card carrying Handgun Control, Inc. member, Jodine Mayberry writes about a trip to the shooting range where she “enjoyed” shooting her gun, and encouraged her friend, who was a domestic abuse victim, to procure a gun and learn how to shoot it.

- Illinois Attorney General Roland Burris promoted a large gun give back program in Chicago. He encouraged people to turn in their guns, but it was discovered that he conveniently decided to keep his! His excuse? “It’s a little small thing . . . I just have it [at home] for safety.”

The above information comes from “Politically Correct Guns” by Alan Gottlieb. It is a very entertaining read.

CPL_in_WA

imported post

I try not to use and overuse cliches... but can't help it this time:

1. "Do as I say, not as I do."

2. "All animals are equal, But some animals are more equal than others."

ugh...

Drake

imported post

No big surprise. Whenever a politician says he will decrease taxes while increasing pubic services and wages for people who run them... something should click. When they show up on TV and openly support every single non-controversial issue with their unnaturally happy family that looks like they are all overdosed on Prozac.... something should feel fishy. But when they believe taking arms from lawful people will remove them from unlawful people... someone should slap them.

Politicians will say anything for a vote.